Senior Data Engineer
As a Data Engineer on our Data Infrastructure team, you will play a key role in designing and driving our data integration pipelines, ETL/ELT, and analytic strategies across our enterprise. In this role you will be bringing modern data technologies and practices to enable our talented team of researchers, data scientists and analysts to enhance the business with better insights and relevant data products. You will partner with all data teams at Shutterstock to understand requirements and collaborate on providing solutions at scale.
- Determine optimal solutions for integrating data from a variety of sources into a common data warehouse
- Implement, maintain and monitor batch & stream data pipelines with best practice quality controls
- Evaluate relevant new and mature technologies as needs, gaps, and opportunities arise
- Work closely and collaboratively in an Agile environment with our analysts, engineers and product teams to analyze issues and find new insights covering our business and operations
- Collaborate with our other data teams, as they are customers
- Day to day operational support of data infrastructure, and services
- Solid command Java or Scala, and Python
- Experience in stream processing technology (Kafka, Spark, Storm, Samza, Flink, etc)
- Knowledge of SQL, data modeling and data warehousing concepts
- Distributed and low latency (streaming) application architecture
- Familiarity with API design
- CI/CD systems experience (Jenkins, Github, etc)
- Experience adhering to robust audit standards
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering related experience
- Knowledge of emerging data integration technologies
- Spark Streaming, Kafka Streams, Kafka Connect, etc
- Exposure to Kubernetes and Helm
- Data Science and Modeling pipeline experience
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks such as H2O, scikit-learn or similar tools
- Strong expertise/background with Linux
- Familiarity with MS Sql Server, SSIS, SSAS
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 297 million images and more than 16 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company’s brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Tobi O.Associate Product Manager, Custom
Tobi is in charge of managing Shutterstock’s support channels, which means assisting customers and contributors with requests and implementing permanent solutions for any issues.
Back to top