Senior Data DevOps Engineer
This role will be responsible for helping to define and provide the foundation for our next generation data services. With a focus on automation and elasticity, you will have a large contribution in shaping how our data tiers function going forward. We are looking for someone that is passionate about automation, repeatability, quality, and knowledge sharing. You will partner with the data teams at Shutterstock to understand requirements and collaborate and providing solutions.
- Configuration, setup, automation and auto-scaling of data related components in a cloud environment
- Ownership of cost, performance and scale management in a cloud environment including recommendations
- Evaluate relevant new technologies as they come out.
- Work closely and collaboratively in an Agile environment with our developers and product teams to analyze issues and find new insights into our business and operations.
- Day to day operational support of our Hadoop installations
- Familiarity with building hosts (kickstart, PXE boot), and configuration management system (Pupppet, Chef).
- Strong Linux background.
- Development and Operational Experience within Hadoop ecosystem (MR, HDFS, YARN, Hive, Sqoop, Oozie, etc).
- Focus on delivering a quality experience to customers
- Must be self starter and motivated.
- 2+ years experience in managing AWS resources.
- Understanding of VPC, EC2, Route53, Kinesis, ECS, IAM, and other AWS concepts.
- EMR, Hadoop, Redshift operations experience.
- Strong understanding of Docker.
- Infrastructure as code - Terraform experience.
- Proficiency in Python, Java, or Scala Proficiency in SQL, Hive or another SQL-on-Hadoop tool.
- NoSQL exposure [Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc]
- RDBMS exposure [MySQL, SQLServer, etc]
- Experience with ETL process / software [Pentaho, Scalding, Cascading, Luigi, Oozie, etc].
- Experience with Cassandra, Vertica
- Experience with a stream processing technology (Kafka, Spark, Storm, Samza, Flink, etc).
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
VP, Content Operations
Paul is responsible for scaling Shutterstock's content strategy and distribution processes—helping contributors better monetize their creative brands and maximizing company revenue.
Back to top