Senior Data Analyst
Shutterstock is growing by leaps and bounds and our data is too. We are looking for a bright and driven data analyst with a passion for data, data mining, and data analysis, in order to support our rapid business growth. The Data Analyst will support Content and Contributor business - the supply side of our marketplace. He/She is responsible for creating and owning Content and Contributor KPIs dashboards and business performance reports, conducting business performance, impact, and trending analysis. The Data Analyst will play a key role in the Content and Contributor operations and strategy of a rapidly growing, publicly traded technology company.
- Create and maintain Content & Contributor dashboards and reports, which will enable the GM, Product, and Review teams to drive business performance
- Oversee business performance metrics and trending analysis; make recommendations to management where improvement is indicated
- Conduct reviewer productivity and contributor performance analysis
- Provide analysis and forecasts of contributor earnings and payouts
- Analyze trends in asset supply and usage using asset metadata such as asset type, category, and keywords
- Support Product by providing customer insight
- Work with business stakeholders and FP&A on budget planning and forecast process
- Work closely with GM, Product, Sales/Marketing, and Operations to setup and provide data, insights, and ad hoc analyses for business decision making
- 3+ years professional experience in a consultative capacity to internal groups or departments
- Strong knowledge of SQL required
- Proficient in Excel & a strong understanding of statistics & regression
- Proficiency in R, Tableau, or similar statistical and visualization/dashboarding tools a plus
- Excellent analytical skills including cohort analysis & lifetime value analytics
- Experience with subscription products is a plus
- Understanding of database structures and data mining techniques preferred
- Knowledge of visual techniques for data analysis and presentation
- Understanding of A/B and Multivariate testing techniques and measurements
- Knowledge of key digital marketing KPIs (CPC/CACs, LTRs, etc.) preferred
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptionally organized and a self-starter who can work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with flawless customer-centric focus
- BS/BA or higher degree in Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Finance, or related fields
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace for creative professionals to license content - including images, videos, and music - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
The company has expanded its portfolio to include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management platform for businesses, as well as Offset, a high-end image collection.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
VP, Content Operations
Paul is responsible for scaling Shutterstock's content strategy and distribution processes—helping contributors better monetize their creative brands and maximizing company revenue.
Back to top