Sales Marketing Director, Editorial
Shutterstock is seeking an experienced marketing professional to drive market awareness and penetration among global media companies, digital & print publishers, PR agencies and other key audience segments. As Sales Marketing Director, you will work closely with sales leadership, the marketing organization, and the General Manager of Editorial and be responsible for communicating the value of Shutterstock’s editorial offering via cross-channel campaigns and sales enablement.
- Working in collaboration with product marketing, craft product positioning and messaging to align with unique audience segments and differentiate our editorial content offering in the market
- Communicate the value proposition of Shutterstock to the sales team and develop the materials/tools that support the selling process including PPT presentations, one-sheets, brochures and video reels
- Define and implement ongoing marketing strategies to increase awareness, perception, and demand across online and offline channels (CRM, events, etc.)
- Partner with content marketing to develop thought leadership content for cross-channel distribution
- Assist with the execution of partnership events targeting media companies, publishers and PR agency segments
- BA in Marketing, Communication, or related field
- 8+ years of B2B marketing experience, working with and supporting a sales organization
- Experience working for and/or marketing to global media companies
- Deep understanding of the editorial content landscape
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think creatively
- Outstanding organization and attention to detail
- Proactive, can-do attitude with strong interpersonal skills; comfortable working with all functions and levels of the organization
- Both a strategic thinker and a doer
- Forward thinking with the ability to anticipate potential feedback or issues and solve for them upfront
- Entertainment and fashion event publicist contacts
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 190,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 125 million images and more than 6 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Director of Editorial Sales, North America
In her role, Candice works closely with the Sales, Content, Product, and Marketing Teams to sell Shutterstock’s editorial content to customers across North America.
Back to top