Remote Image Reviewer (USA Central & Mountain)
Headquartered in New York, Shutterstock is an innovative e-commerce company and a leading provider of royalty-free videos, photos, illustrations, and music. Shutterstock sources content from a contributor community of thousands of photographers, videographers, artists and illustrators from around the world. We consider our contributor community, supply chain and operational capability to be among our greatest assets.
We are hiring Image Reviewers located in the Mountain Region USA to evaluate images for their overall quality, technical execution, commercial suitability, and adherence to our image acceptance standards.
This is a freelance work-from-home position using the reviewer's own equipment and based around the reviewers available schedule. Note: Applicants do not need to reside within the Denver area.
- Operate as an authority for technical standards, trademark exceptions, fraud detection, copyright and release requirements; review images for adherence to content standards and suitability for inclusion in our commercial image catalog.
- Perform exceptionable and consistent image evaluations in a high volume, fast-paced, and super detail-oriented manner.
- Apply metadata standards, with light metadata editing and a keen eye for keyword and title relevance to drive accurate search engine results.
- Provide consistent, objective, efficient, concise and accurate feedback to contributors.
- Mandatory: Domain expertise and passionate enthusiasm for photography with 2+ years of photography experience, preferably as a photographer, contributor to stock agencies, photo editor, or photo researcher.
- Must be available to work 25-30 hours per week including 5-8 hours per weekend.
- Must have high-speed wired broadband Internet access [at least 25mbps download speed to test: http://www.speedtest.net/], own a PC or Mac, and own a sufficient and accurate color display for viewing high-resolution images.
- Adept at photo technical evaluation and metadata evaluation, along with a basic foundation of best practices in post-production processes.
- Understanding of evolving image industry trends, styles, and commercial value.
- Comfortable and enthusiastic about making many detailed judgments repetitively.
- Highly organized, super analytical and extremely detail-oriented.
- Strong command of English; ability to read/write and participate in operations and business meetings.
In addition to applying, please complete the following questionnaire to be considered for this position -- http://goo.gl/YXv868
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Director of Editorial Sales, North America
In her role, Candice works closely with the Sales, Content, Product, and Marketing Teams to sell Shutterstock’s editorial content to customers across North America.
Back to top