Remote Image Reviewer - Editorial (North America)
Headquartered in New York, Shutterstock is an innovative e-commerce company and a leading provider of royalty-free videos, photos, and illustrations. With over 100+ million images and videos, Shutterstock sources content from a contributor community of thousands of photographers, videographers, artists and illustrators from around the world. We consider our contributor community, supply chain and operational capability to be among our greatest assets.
We are hiring Image Reviewers to evaluate editorial images for their overall quality, technical execution, editorial integrity, and adherence to our image acceptance standards.
This is a freelance work-from-home position using the reviewer’s own equipment and based around the reviewers available schedule.
- Review editorial images against adherence to defined standards and suitability for inclusion in the Shutterstock editorial image catalog.
- Operate as an authority for technical standards, restriction exceptions, fraud detection, and editorial integrity.
- Perform exceptionable and consistent image evaluations in a high volume, fast-paced, and super detail-oriented manner.
- Apply metadata standards, with light metadata editing and a keen eye for keyword and editorial caption accuracy to drive accurate search engine results.
- Provide consistent, objective, efficient, concise and accurate feedback to contributors within defined standards.
- Mandatory: Domain expertise and passionate enthusiasm for photography with 2+ years of editorial photography experience, preferably as a photographer, contributor to stock agencies, photo editor, or photo researcher.
- Extensive knowledge of editorial events (news, entertainment, and sports), image industry trends, and styles.
- Must be available to work 25-30 hours per week including 5-8 hours per weekend.
- Must have high-speed wired broadband Internet access [at least 25mbps download speed to test: http://www.speedtest.net/], own a PC or Mac, and own a sufficient and accurate color display for viewing high-resolution images.
- Adept at super detailed image and metadata evaluation, along with a basic foundation of best practices in post-production processes.
- Comfortable and enthusiastic about making many detailed judgments repetitively.
- Highly organized, super analytical and extremely detail-oriented.
- Strong command of English; ability to read/write and participate in operations and business meetings.
In addition to applying, please complete the following questionnaire to be considered for this position --http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2518315/21c96b721e91
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
VP, Content Operations
Paul is responsible for scaling Shutterstock's content strategy and distribution processes—helping contributors better monetize their creative brands and maximizing company revenue.
Back to top