Remote Footage Reviewer
Headquartered in New York, Shutterstock is an innovative e-commerce company and a leading provider of royalty-free videos, photos, and illustrations. With over 70 million images and videos, Shutterstock sources content from a contributor community of thousands of photographers, videographers, artists and illustrators from around the world. We consider our contributor community, supply chain and operational capability to be among our greatest assets.
We are hiring Footage Reviewers located in the USA to evaluate clips for their overall quality, technical execution, commercial suitability, and adherence to our image acceptance standards.
This is a freelance work-from-home position using the reviewer's own equipment and based around the reviewers available schedule.
- Efficiently evaluate and approve clips based on defined acceptance standards.
- Operate as an authority for technical standards, trademark exceptions, fraud detection, copyright and release requirements; review clips for adherence to content standards and suitability for inclusion in our commercial footage catalog.
- Perform exceptionable and consistent clip evaluations in a high volume, fast-paced, and super detail-oriented manner.
- Apply metadata standards, with light metadata editing and a keen eye for keyword and title relevance to drive accurate search engine results.
- Provide consistent, objective, efficient, concise and accurate feedback to contributors.
- Mandatory: Domain expertise and passionate enthusiasm for video production with 2+ years of professional film or video production experience, preferably as a videographer, contributor to stock agencies, editor, or researcher.
- Must have high-speed wired broadband Internet access [at least 100mbps download speed to test: http://www.speedtest.net/], own a PC or Mac, and own a sufficient and accurate color display for viewing HD and UHD video.
- Adept at non-linear editing and metadata evaluation, along with a basic foundation of best practices in post-production processes.
- Understanding of evolving videography industry trends, styles, and commercial value.
- Comfortable and enthusiastic about making many detailed judgments repetitively.
- Highly organized, super analytical and extremely detail-oriented.
- Strong command of English; ability to read/write and participate in operations and business meetings.
- Software: Knowledge of video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or Avid Media Composer), Google Docs and Microsoft Office Suite.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Tobi O.Product Support Specialist
Tobi is in charge of managing Shutterstock’s support channels, which means assisting customers and contributors with requests and implementing permanent solutions for any issues.
Back to top