Shutterstock Custom is a fast-growing new division of Shutterstock that’s transforming the way brands create custom visual content.
We are on a mission to help brands easily create content that’s authentic, cost effective, and scalable. Using our solution, brands can connect with creative talent all over the world to create content that drives engagement and helps tell their brand stories.
Developing such an innovative product means that we are growing very quickly and constantly looking for people to join our team and make an impact on our business. If you are looking for an opportunity to expand your skills and build an exciting career at a growing business, we want to hear from you!
About the Role: Project Coordinator
At Shutterstock Custom, some of the world’s best-known brands (like Mercedes, Nestle, MasterCard, McDonald’s, J&J, the list really goes on!) are asking us to create content (photos, GIFs, video and cinemagraphs). Once they send us a brief, that’s when you step in and make it happen. Project Coordinators evaluate briefs and work with our contributors around the world to get the work completed. You’ll need to assign the work, anticipate potential roadblocks and take on the responsibility of getting ‘er done on time and on budget. Get ready to roll up your sleeves and learn a ton about project management in a short period of time!
What we’d like you to do:
- Assign Shutterstock Custom projects to creatives all over the world based on workload, skills and network coverage
- Create, assess, and review briefs for feasibility and scope
- Make judgment calls on changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Manage logistics for site-specific shoots: call times, vehicles, insurance, etc.
- Keep a ton of balls in the air all the time and communicate what’s going on proactively
- Assess the risks of each project accurately, ask questions, and take initiative
- Be a part of our fun-loving quickly growing delivery team
- Able to turn project roadblocks in opportunities, and convey any issues to clients
What an incredible candidate looks like:
- You have production or agency experience
- You’re scrappy and logical, you know what it takes to get the job done
- You’re great under pressure and have managed complex projects before in a time crunch
- Can confidently speak in production terms
- You are organized to the MAX and you keep your pencil crayons sorted by the colour spectrum
- You’re a creative thinker who is able to think outside of the box and can foreshadow issues that might come up when handling difficult projects
- You are a strong communicator and are able to work with creatives on projects that require a lot of logistics
- You aren’t afraid of taking initiative and problem solving independently
What you’ll get from us:
Fast growth for Shutterstock Custom means fast growth for you. While we’re growing together, we’ll have your back with first-rate Apple gear, great vacation plan, health benefits, solid compensation/bonuses and a company culture that values empowerment, passion, integrity, courage and transparency.
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
VP, Content Operations
Paul is responsible for scaling Shutterstock's content strategy and distribution processes—helping contributors better monetize their creative brands and maximizing company revenue.
Back to top