Product Manager, Mobile
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for product excellence, a strong background in developing customer facing, mobile products and clear examples of apps that they were able to shepard from ideation to launch. This candidate will work as the Product lead for Shutterstock's native apps mobile team, leading the product roadmap and vision for our iOS and Android apps.
In order to be successful, this candidate must be well versed in agile development methodologies and comfortable defining a product vision for a cross-functional team of engineers and designers. Additionally, candidates must demonstrate a strong competency for “user-centric” thinking, with clear examples of how they have created customer facing native applications.
The ideal candidate posses strong communication skills, is comfortable collaborating with cross-functional business units, has a strong bias for action and knows how to function as a motivated self-starter in a high paced environment.
- Carry the torch on the product strategy and be the advocate of the customer in creating a leading mobile experience across Android and iOS for both our customer and contributors
- Develop the overall product roadmap including user stories, scenarios, and product backlogs by conducting user research and engaging with stakeholders
- Drive product feature releases through the entire development cycle, from conceptualization, design and development, through to launch and ongoing support in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Work with our engineering teams to evolve our software and systems architecture to support a rapidly growing customer base across multiple countries and languages
- Interface with teams across the entire company including other product teams, marketing, public relations, security / risk operations, accounting, finance, legal, and the executive team
- Convert strategy work into actionable projects that can be tested, deployed and measured
- 3+ years Agile product management experience (specifically using Scrum)
- 1+ years of e-commerce experience.
- 4+ years creating mobile applications
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with teams across organizations
- Strong understanding of current technologies and standards, and how the digital ecosystem is evolving
- Results-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to take charge or play a supporting role
- Demonstrated ability to collect user feedback and understand customer pain points
- Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
- Experience managing and leading a team to meet aggressive goals
- Ability to dive deep into the product, the business, and the competition
- Empathy for our users and an entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving
- Product development experience in non-U.S markets a plus
- Inspire action in diverse groups
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Director of Editorial Sales, North America
In her role, Candice works closely with the Sales, Content, Product, and Marketing Teams to sell Shutterstock’s editorial content to customers across North America.
Back to top