Product Manager, JS Platform
We are seeking a product owner to lead the product development team of Shutterstock, JS Platform. This team is building a robust and easy to use platform that empowers software engineers to rapidly prototype and develop in the Shutterstock ecosystem. This role is designed for a product person who has a technical background who will lead the team in building a library of front end components.
- Own the product backlog, defining acceptance criteria and prioritizing user stories
- Drive product research and discovery process with the UX and research team, ensuring that research is focused on uncovering user problems and validating our proposed solutions
- Work closely with UX to ensure that designs are aligned with product goals and strategy
- Work closely with developers to manage scope and ensure that engineering efforts remain focused on continuously delivering high value to users
- Run the sprint planning and backlog meetings for your team
- Analyze product usage data to evaluate value of delivered features and inform improvements
- Review user feedback coming from research and customer support, incorporate into prioritization decisions, and share insights with stakeholders
- Balance ongoing improvements with new feature development and research
- Communicate with stakeholders in product, marketing, engineering, and customer service
- Work collaboratively with design and engineering to set release milestones, coach the team to meeting those goals, and keep stakeholders updated on the progression towards major releases
- Experience leading teams that develop user-centric applications
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
- Experience managing and leading a development team to meet aggressive goals
- Experience working within a platform scale product development organization
- A passion for understanding user's workflows
- Ability to inspire confidence and excitement in our product plans and objectives
- Ability to synthesize different points of view and present them as a unified plan
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top