Product Manager, Analytics
Shutterstock is a growing, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment within a disruptive marketplace. Well positioned as the disruptive new leader in the digital content space, Shutterstock has the largest crowd-sourced digital content libraries in the world that includes images, vectors, music and video. We manage a library of creative building blocks for a broad, expanding, and global customer base creating new opportunities with every new customer segment.
The Product Manager will manage our Foundation team, facilitating data collection from Shutterstock applications by providing and policing standards across the organization as well as provide common solutions to implement these standards. The role will support building the tagging and tracking foundation across the site in order to support data collection and analytics for the business.
This role is designed for someone looking to advance their career in product ownership and has a passion for strategy and tactics. The Product Manager will direct and guide the strategy of the team, which includes internal data collection methods as well as 3rd party applications and tags. You'll work within an Agile development environment, tackling big problems and breaking them into small, metrics-driven increments that provide immediate value each step of the way. The product owner will work with many product/tech teams -- being an evangelist for the team -- and spend time learning the ropes within one of the top product organizations on the web.
- Facilitate data collection from Shutterstock applications by providing and policing standards across the org as well as provide common solutions to implement these standards
- Enable data collection to support analytics, tracking, and testing on our site
- Consistent implementation of Analytics.js across sites
- Integrate all 3rd party tools via Analytics.js (as possible)
- Manage Google Analytics and other vendor relationship for data tagging and reporting
- Assist business owners (e.g. Product, Sales, Marketing, etc.) with measurement definitions and underlying data collection needs.
- Support tagging across the site and consolidation of these tags.
- Prioritize a backlog of user stories based on stakeholder requirements.
- Learn to lead sprint planning, maintenance, and backlog meetings.
- Perform both qualitative and quantitative analysis of customers and the market.
- Ability to dive deep into the product, the tech, and the business to support implementation efforts.
- Knowledge of web analytics KPIs and tools like Google Analytics, Omniture, MixPanel, etc.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills with an ability to use hard data and metrics.
- Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others.
- Knowledge of SQL required and understanding of database structures preferred.
- Knowledge of key digital product and marketing KPIs (Conversion, Retention, CPC/CACs, LTRs, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Finance, Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
- Experience functioning in a consultative capacity to internal groups or departments, a Master's degree is preferred.
- Exceptionally organized and a self-starter who can work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with flawless customer-centric focus.
- Experience with 3rd party tags -- including integration and configuration within a tag management solution.
- Basic familiarity with the Scrum and Agile development methodologies.
- Experience working for an e-Commerce business.
- Empathy for our users, a high level of integrity, and an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving.
- Ability to synthesize different points of view and present them as a unified plan.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top