Shutterstock is a technology company that powers one of the world’s largest marketplaces for high-quality photos, illustrations, videos and music used by businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations of all sizes.
Shutterstock is made up of independent thinkers, technologists, and designers – working collaboratively to do compelling work, create cool stuff, and inspire each other. In the process, we’re building sophisticated tools to help the world experience images, footage, and music in a more beautiful way.
Because we are a digital business, the Shutterstock Product Design team designs the business and all the customer and contributor experiences. We are responsive and know what our customers are doing and what platform they’re doing it on. We think globally and advocate for the individual. That means quantitative, qualitative and analytical research. It also means lots of collaboration with product owners and developers. And because we’re agile, we are quick on our feet and know how to iterate. But most of all we are compassionate - we want to solve problems and solve them with integrity.
As a Product Designer, you’ll create scalable designs for customers around the world - from first time users to creative professionals. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with product teams and stakeholders throughout the organization — from conception to smooth roll-outs.
You will be a major advocate for the customer creating best in class ecommerce experiences. You will be responsible for improving existing processes and designing new processes to meet customer needs and drive business initiatives to realize Shutterstock’s vision of being the marketplace to empower the world’s storytellers.
- Design and prototype scalable design solutions to help grow our global business
- Passionate about translating complex business logic into simple creative solutions
- Enjoys working closely with product managers, engineers, data scientists and customer happiness teams to inform design decisions that lead to high business impact
- Gets excited by data and doesn’t scare you
- Actively engaged in the end-to-end discovery and design process, from research and concept ideation to final high-fidelity visual designs
- 3+ years of experience with designing digital products
- Experience building high-performance e-commerce sites
- You are comfortable working in the Agile methodology
- You are a good communicator and can defend your ideas effectively and professionally (ie., oral, written, and presentations)
- You have solid working knowledge of HTML/CSS, ability to prototype in code a big plus
- You are a responsible adult. You estimate work, commit and deliver on deadlines and are vocal when risk arises
- You enjoy working with a great group of designers, who genuinely care about design, and each other
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 190,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 125 million images and more than 6 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Director of Editorial Sales, North America
In her role, Candice works closely with the Sales, Content, Product, and Marketing Teams to sell Shutterstock’s editorial content to customers across North America.
Back to top