Manager, Picture Desk- Editorial
Shutterstock - a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace to license editorial and commercial images and videos - is hiring evening, night and weekend shift editors for our Dublin Picture Editing Desk.
The Manager for the Editorial Picture Desk is responsible for leading the evaluation, processing and publishing of content for our Editorial collection. This is a role for a dynamic leader who is results driven and thrives in an innovative high-energy environment. This position is responsible for managing and evolving our Editorial collection ensuring that we are effectively publishing content that meets our global marketplace needs.
This position calls for an experienced creative thinker who operates with decisive operational judgment and the ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution.
- Responsible for editing operations for images filed by photographers at U.S., UK, and global entertainment and fashion events, and international news coverage
- Manage, lead, develop and mentor content teams responsible for premier editorial image editing, processing and publishing.
- Build a team of editors; design and implement training modules and programs to bring about expedited onboarding, editing consistency, and development paths.
- Lead the team on applying insightful judgment to identify, edit and select the most impactful photographs ensuring that relevant aspects of a story are covered.
- Prioritize image selection and processing with consideration for market, customers and deadlines.
- Drive individual and team performance with clearly defined goals and objectives.
- Maintain full awareness and interest in UK, EU, U.S. and global entertainment events, news, trends, fashions, and celebrities.
- Develop production metrics for image editing and quality; measureable commitments that support strategic initiatives and market coverage targets
- Hands-On: You should love rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the team.
- Domain expertise and passionate enthusiasm for entertainment and celebrity media.
- Existing relationships and easy alliance with photographers and agencies.
- Strong bias for action; ability managing multiple (and competing) priorities and deadlines while operating in a lean work environment.
- Easy ability to discern and train others on quality content and market value.
- 5+ years leading content operations and professional photo editing teams.
- Engaging personality with exceptional leadership, communication, networking and persuasion skills.
- Available to work non-traditional schedules – evenings, nights and weekend shift work
- Software: Photo Mechanic, Photoshop, Bridge, Excel, Google Docs, and file sharing systems.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Back to top