Manager, Field Content Operations
The Manager, Field Content Operations role is someone who loves to run production operations with a passion to edit and collaborate with picture editors and photographers to drive excellence across our entertainment and fashion event coverage.
You are someone who is results driven and thrives in an innovative, high-energy environment. This is a leadership position that will apply expert judgment on the production & selection of editorial images while inspiring others to achieve new levels of excellence.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for field editing and processing operations for images filed by photographers at entertainment and fashion events, including hands-on editing for all Tier 1 events with best-in-class time to market.
- Lead event operational planning including editing resource allocation, file transmit, support for photographers and event staff.
- Build an outstanding team of freelance field picture editors for all event coverage.
- Coordinate production prioritization and schedule for field picture editing team.
- Review images for quality aspects and overall integrity, and approve or edit captions for accuracy.
- Coach the field editing team on applying insightful judgment to identify, edit and select the most impactful photographs ensuring that relevant aspects of a story are covered.
- When editing at events, collaborate with photographers in the field to provide guidance, actionable feedback, and file transfer support.
- Prioritize image selection and processing with consideration for the market, customers and deadlines.
- Maintain full awareness and interest in U.S. and global entertainment events, news, trends, fashion, and celebrities.
- Maintain full understanding of the global client base, expected deadlines and image preferences.
What you’ll bring:
- Hands-On: You should love rolling up your sleeves, leading and working alongside the team.
- Expertise working with industry standard image editing tools and processes.
- Easy ability to discern and train others on quality content and market value.
- Domain expertise and passionate enthusiasm for entertainment and celebrity media.
- 4+ years of professional photo editing experience.
- Excellent communicator, decisive, deadline-driven, people-oriented person.
- Experience leading picture editors and photographers in fast-paced environments.
- Exceptional at achieving time-sensitive production goals while managing multiple (and competing) priorities and imminent deadlines.
- Available to work non-traditional schedules including evenings and weekend shift work.
- Software: Photo Mechanic, Photoshop, Bridge, Excel, Google Docs, and file sharing systems.
Qualifications: B.S., B.A., A.S. or Equivalent
Travel: Up to 20%
Location(s): Los Angeles
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Emplopyer, M/F/D/V
Back to top