Manager, Content Operations - Footage
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace to license editorial and commercial images and videos - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
The Manager of Content Operations for Footage is responsible for the evaluation, processing and publishing of content for our Footage collections. This is a role for a dynamic leader who is results driven and thrives in an innovative high-energy environment. This position is responsible for managing and evolving our Footage, ensuring that we are effectively publishing content that meets our global marketplace needs.
To be successful in this role, you must be an experienced, creative thinker who operates with decisive operational judgment and the ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution.
What you’ll do:
- Manage, lead, develop and mentor content teams responsible for strategic contributor account management, footage evaluation, processing and publishing.
- Build a team of reviewers; design and implement training modules and programs to bring about expedited onboarding, editing consistency, and development paths.
- Participate in program to identify and signup new footage contributors.
- Collaborate with general management, sales and research to support achieving customer content objectives and drive collection differentiation.
- Collaborate across product, marketing and search teams to drive marketplace performance success for footage.
- Establish and maintain footage publishing and metadata standards in support of revenue objectives and marketplace integrity.
- Lead and participate in strategic programs designed to advance the consistency and efficiency of content processing workflow and tools.
- Develop production metrics for footage review and quality; measureable commitments that support strategic initiatives and market coverage targets.
- Create operational models for resource, production and cost planning.
What you’ll bring:
- Hands-On: You should love rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the team.
- 5+ years of content operations experience along with domain expertise and passionate enthusiasm for creative media.
- Strong bias for action; exceptional at achieving time-sensitive production goals while managing multiple (and competing) priorities and deadlines.
- Experience managing output-focused operations, production measurement and workflow optimization.
- Knowledge and understanding of creative content business operations and licensing models.
- Strong business workflow and data analysis skills. Experience defining and implementing content operations work models and production schedules.
- Outstanding team leadership skills. Excellent communicator, decisive, results-driven, with strong ability to align and inspire teams.
- Software: Adobe CC, Photoshop, Bridge, Excel, Google Docs, and file sharing systems.
Qualifications: B.S., B.A., A.S.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Emplopyer, M/F/D/V
Back to top