Be a part of one the fastest growing music business segments in one of the most recognized online music publishers, PremiumBeat.com. As a leader in the production music industry, we are experiencing continuous double digit growth and are looking to expand our team. PremiumBeat.com prides itself at simplifying the acquisition of great music for great projects using technology to ease the process. Our growing list of clients is comprising of large to small corporation as well as independent professionals like GE, IBM, 3M, Philips, Discovery Channel, Lufthansa, Burton, Siemens, Microsoft.
Based in Montreal, the music business unit of Shutterstock (including leading music licensing brand PremiumBeat) is part of an innovative e-commerce company and a leading provider of high quality, curated royalty-free music for media productions.
The Licensing Coordinator’s responsibilities include handling inbound requests from our international client base, copyright administration, and revenue collection from international performing rights organisations. This position will contribute to the development of a dedicated world class licensing department.
This position requires a highly motivated individual who is comfortable with rapid changes in direction and environment. The successful candidate will be customer oriented and results driven.
- Handle customer service requests, questions about licensing, and basic custom license requests.
- Support our customers and deliver 100% satisfaction.
- Contribute to the performing rights collection process for the PremiumBeat.com music library: database management, rights registration, identification of TV and commercial placements, cue sheet collection, completion, and submission, and royalty report analysis and follow-up.
- Provide clients and licensees with information regarding performing rights and cue sheet requirements.
- Foster relationships with our performing rights societies: SOCAN, BMI, ASCAP, SESAC, PRS.
- Foster relationships with broadcast and media outlets to ensure cue sheet collection when necessary.
- Assist with copyright enforcement (on YouTube and through other distribution channels) when necessary.
- Stay educated on trends and developments in performing rights, music licensing, and the music business.
- Work collaboratively with all team members and maintain a high level of excellence at all levels.
- Potentially represent PremiumBeat/Shutterstock Music at selected trade shows and conferences
- 2+ years professional work experience.
- 1+ year music industry experience, whether at a collection rights organization, a music publisher, a music label, a digital music service, a broadcast network, or a production studio.
- Must be a native English speaker or perfectly bilingual. An additional language like French, Spanish or Portuguese is a plus. Must have strong English writing skills.
- Experience dealing with clients directly, over the phone, and in writing. Must be an ace at customer service interaction and customer relations. The ideal candidate would be committed to developing successful relationships with our most valued customers and partners.
- Experience setting up and maintaining information databases and working with Microsoft Excel. Experience managing performing rights royalties a plus.
- Experience with administering music contracts such as artist contracts or master and synchronization licenses. Experience with performing rights contracts in the US, Canada or the UK a plus.
- Diploma in a related field like music, law, business or communications and media.
- Some knowledge of growing successful online businesses a plus (familiarity with online CRM applications, web analytics, basic understanding of web technologies like HTML, etc).
- Must be able to adapt rapidly to new technology and work in a fast paced environment.
- Competitive salary and opportunity to grow with the company.
- Bonus plan.
- Collective insurance plan.
- Company to provide laptop.
- Possibility of representing the company at select trade shows.
- Flexible schedule and a goal oriented culture.
- Your favorite drink in the fridge.
- Fun work environment with an upbeat motivated team!
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Back to top