Intern - Marketing / Planning Operations
Shutterstock is a leading global technology company that offers high-quality assets, tools and services through our creative platform. This platform inspires creators throughout the world by providing diverse content to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. The people behind the scenes are a super talented, fiercely passionate group of individuals with the unified goal of working together to build a stronger company for our customers, contributors and colleagues alike.
The Planning Intern position is a new role that will help build forecast models, analyze performance of marketing initiatives, and track campaign spend and expenses against budgets. With the Planning Manager, you will evaluate forecasting models and their outputs across all content-types (image, video, music, and editorial) and eCommerce & Enterprise sales distribution channels. The goal of this program is to provide the most accurate predictions of business performance across each marketing channel as well as recommendations where spend can be allocated more efficiently. The ideal candidate is very analytical and has a natural tendency to dig deep into the data to uncover trends and insight. You must also have a keen interest in marketing and optimizing large marketing budgets to hit key business objectives. Additionally, you enjoy working cross-functionally across an organization to make and realize critical business decisions.
Note: This position is a part of our Marketing organization, reports to the Planning Manager, and is based out of Shutterstock’s New York headquarters in the Empire State Building. This role is for Summer 2019, June 3rd-August 2.
- Manage and lead a project for the summer and present to executives your findings.
- Help optimize forecast models that measure and track the output of all marketing spend (ROI, CAC, LTV, Revenue) and update regularly as inputs and market conditions change.
- Track marketing spend across the organization and report on pacing vs budgets.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting needs as it relates to budgeting.
- Identify trends in performance, spend, and product usage that can be used as inputs to various forecasting models and influential factors to how campaigns are being setup and executed.
- Work with channel owners and provide opportunities to move spend to higher performing campaigns based on region, keyword set, copy, and any additional leading segment.
- Rising senior (or recent grad), pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Marketing, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
- Comfortable working with large, complex, and disparate data sets -- strong Excel skills required; SQL or other database/ query skills preferred.
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage various projects across different teams.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and experience leading through change.
- Show clear, logic-based decision-making with a sense of urgency around meeting business objectives.
- Proven ability to build models, perform complex analyses and forecasting, and deliver executive-level reporting.
- Knowledgeable in marketing and business KPIs.
- Comfortable with different data platforms (internal reporting, web analytics platforms, 3rd party marketing platforms).
- Familiar with digital marketing channels, different attribution models, and B2B and B2C marketing programs.
- Familiar with eCommerce and Enterprise business models and marketplaces.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with a proven track record of communicating strategies, building business cases and plans, and selling these across a matrix organization.
- Operate successfully in a cross-functional environment -- partner and work directly with other marketing stakeholders, business, sales, and finance teams.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top