Intern - Internal PR / Communications
Shutterstock is a leading global technology company that offers high-quality assets, tools and services through our creative platform. This platform inspires creators throughout the world by providing diverse content to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. The people behind the scenes are a super talented, fiercely passionate group of individuals with the unified goal of working together to build a stronger company for our customers, contributors and colleagues alike.
Shutterstock’s Internal Communications Intern will assist in developing communications assets for the Company and its global employee population supporting a positive employee experience and culture.
Working with the larger internal communications and employee experience team, you will be responsible for brainstorming creative stories and ideas for our intranet and other internal communication tools as well as assisting with internal events and employee giving initiatives. You will also be responsible for supporting content development for our employer branding social media channels.
Note: This position is a part of our Human Resources organization, reports to our Internal Communications Manager, and is based out of Shutterstock’s New York headquarters in the Empire State Building. This role is for Summer 2019, June 3rd-August 2.
- Support communications for HR initiatives and employee resource groups
- Identify and develop new intranet content and ideas that highlight the Company and its employees
- Assist with program management of Shutterstock Cares, the Company’s employee giving and volunteerism program
- Support communication and event logistics for the Company’s annual hackathon and other internal events as needed
- Create and distribute social media content for employer branding channels
- Maintain content calendars for the intranet and other communication as needed
- Enhance the development and maintenance of department processes and procedures
- Research industry trends and new technologies that would help improve internal communications and employee experiences
- Rising senior (or recent grad), pursuing a bachelor’s degree in PR, communications, English or related field
- Basic knowledge of presentation tools, social media platforms and photo editing tools
- Extremely detail oriented with exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Self-motivated individual with strong organizational skills, who is highly-analytical, and has strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline and results-driven environment, with a sense of urgency to accomplish goals
- Exceptional project management and creative problem-solving skills
- Passion for employee engagement and interest in Human Resources a plus
- Event management experience a plus
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top