Intern - Human Resources
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK) is a global technology company that powers one of the world’s largest marketplaces for high quality photos, illustrations, videos and music used by businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations of all sizes. We’re made up of independent thinkers, technologists, and designers – working collaboratively to do compelling work, create cool stuff, and inspire each other. In the process, we’re building sophisticated tools to help the world experience images, footage, and music in a more beautiful way.
Shutterstock’s Human Resources Intern will support the Human Resources department with a range of projects related to recruiting, onboarding, immigration, benefits, compensation and administration. In this position, you will learn how to take skills you may have acquired in school related courses and apply them in a professional setting.
Note: This role reports directly to the Human Resources Manager and is based out of Shutterstock’s New York headquarters in the Empire State Building. This role is for Summer 2019, June 3rd-August 2.
- Maintain employee information by entering and updating employee records in our HRIS
- Assist with HR compliance procedures such as unemployment and I-9 forms
- Partner with team to manage offboarding process
- Help with immigration process related to visa/green card applications
- Assist recruiting team with scheduling phone screens and on site interviews
- Assist the benefits manager with employee benefit issues
- Support with maintaining training course evaluation and attendance records
- Work on ad hoc projects for the team
- Knowledge in MS Office and G-Suite apps
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task and showcase initiative
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Rising senior (or recent grad), pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Communications or related field
- Knowledge of HRIS systems, ideally Workday
- Interest in a Human Resources career
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Tobi O.Product Support Specialist
Tobi is in charge of managing Shutterstock’s support channels, which means assisting customers and contributors with requests and implementing permanent solutions for any issues.
Back to top