Intern- Finance / Operations
Shutterstock is a leading global technology company that offers high-quality assets, tools and services through our creative platform. This platform inspires creators throughout the world by providing diverse content to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. The people behind the scenes are a super talented, fiercely passionate group of individuals with the unified goal of working together to build a stronger company for our customers, contributors and colleagues alike.
Shutterstock is seeking an enthusiastic intern to join our Accounts Receivable team, working in the Credit and Collections sector. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the customer-to-sales cycle, as well as financial/ad-hoc analytics. This position requires a highly motivated individual who is highly adaptable to change.
Note: This position is a part of our Financial Operations organization, reports to our Credit & Collections Manager, and is based out of Shutterstock’s New York headquarters in the Empire State Building. This role is for Summer 2019, June 3rd-August 2.
- Customer outreach regarding outstanding balances
- Creation of new customer billing entities
- Timely and accurately processing account adjustments for bank fees and other variances (i.e. forex, shortages, etc.)
- Research and resolve payment variances by partnering with customers and account managers
- Perform account reconciliations to determine gaps and inconsistencies in invoicing and payment applications
- Assist in reconciling current backlog of unapplied cash and adjusting customer accounts as necessary
- Prepare, review, and process invoices daily
- Issue monthly statements keep customers files updated with current invoices, bills and contact information
- Completing ad-hoc adjustments as assigned by the AR lead or management team
- Rising senior (or recent grad), pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Outstanding leadership experience and go-getter personality
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Tobi O.Product Support Specialist
Tobi is in charge of managing Shutterstock’s support channels, which means assisting customers and contributors with requests and implementing permanent solutions for any issues.
Back to top