Intern - Finance / Accounting and Treasury
Shutterstock is a leading global technology company that offers high-quality assets, tools and services through our creative platform. This platform inspires creators throughout the world by providing diverse content to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. The people behind the scenes are a super talented, fiercely passionate group of individuals with the unified goal of working together to build a stronger company for our customers, contributors and colleagues alike.
Shutterstock is seeking an extraordinary candidate interested in pursuing a Finance Internship with a rapidly growing tech company. In this role you will get exposure to both Accounting and Treasury, and learn about the financial workings of a dynamic organization.
Note: This position is a part of our Finance organization, reports to our Treasury and Accounting Managers, and is based out of Shutterstock’s New York headquarters in the Empire State Building. This role is for Summer 2019, June 3rd-August 2.
- Help prepare journal entries on a monthly basis
- Gain exposure to Workday, assisting in recording entries, running reports, etc.
- Analyze expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts
- Assist and have visibility to financial audits, SEC filings and SOX compliance
- Assist with monthly/quarterly financial reports and analyses to various departments and business units
- Review cash balances on a daily basis and help project future cash needs
- Rising senior (or recent grad), pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Analytical, detail oriented, and organized
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced, time sensitive environment
- Team player with a humble and positive attitude
- Experience with financial systems / Workday (preferred)
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top