Intern - External PR / Communications
Shutterstock is a leading global technology company that offers high-quality assets, tools and services through our creative platform. This platform inspires creators throughout the world by providing diverse content to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. The people behind the scenes are a super talented, fiercely passionate group of individuals with the unified goal of working together to build a stronger company for our customers, contributors and colleagues alike.
Shutterstock’s Communication Intern will assist in developing communications assets and social media content for the Company and its offerings. Working to assist the larger Global Communications team, you will be responsible for brainstorming newsworthy stories, creating ideas in support of the business and our audiences, as well as developing media plans in support of the communications strategy. You will also be responsible for supporting the social media team across all Shutterstock social properties.
Note: This position is a part of our Marketing organization, reports to our External Communications Manager, and is based out of Shutterstock’s New York headquarters in the Empire State Building. This role is for Summer 2019, June 3rd-August 2.
- Identify newsworthy stories that support our long-term communications goals, monitoring trending and industry news for coverage and clip placements
- Develop proactive publicity opportunities such as trend stories, industry or technological leadership, advancing the creative community and our partnerships
- Work with the Social Media team to create and distribute social media content, as well as monitor analytics to identify viable strategies
- Assist in developing content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis
- Actively build and maintain media lists
- Research and draft press materials including releases, alerts and pitches
- Enhance the development and maintenance of department processes and procedures
- Work with events, social media, and marketing teams on trade show preparation, sponsorship opportunities, engagement tactics and external communication strategies
- Assist with maintaining the speaking bureau, and the speaker program
- Identify award opportunities to submit on behalf of different teams within the organization
- Rising senior (or recent grad), pursuing a bachelor’s degree in PR, communications, journalism, marketing or related field
- Passion for results and sense of urgency to accomplish goals
- Experience with public speaking and presenting
- Basic knowledge of presentation tools, social media platforms, plus photoshop or other photo editing tools
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills; experience in writing press releases and pitch letters a plus
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, highly-analytical, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline and results-driven environment
- Exceptional project management and creative problem-solving skills
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top