Shutterstock is a rapidly growing, global content and technology company based across the globe. We offer a professional, energetic, and vibrant culture within a creative industry transforming the music, video, photography and editorial marketplace.
Continued growth of our content library (now 70+ million images), product portfolio and customer base are creating new career opportunities. We are seeking now an HR Generalist for our London office.
About the role
As Human Resources Generalist, you are the subject matter expert for all human resources activity in our EMEA and APAC regions.
- Dealing with employee queries in a professional and timely manner both on the phone and face to face.
- Liaising effectively with line management to stay ahead of the curve on potential issues
- Liaising with line management regarding disciplinary action, sickness absence management grievances and welfare meetings and providing advice as necessary
- Conducting investigations as needed.
- Partner with talent acquisition to make sure key roles are being filled, interviewing external and internal applicants, where necessary, and helping to make selection decisions.
- Dealing with confidential documents in adherence to law.
- Travel to regional offices, when necessary.
- Working with local managers on onboarding plans as well as exit plans and exit interviews.
- Liaising with payroll to ensure that we are following local employment practices.
- Ensures corporate policy compliance. Working with our legal department, ensures international legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource government requirements
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Experience working in a generalist HR position is essential
- Experience across EMEA is a must; other international experience is preferable
- Knowledge of current employment legislation and willingness to self-develop and maintain that knowledge to stay current with changes to employment law and regulations are essential
- Proven track record in a fast-paced recruitment environment ensures that you are not phased when facing high volume needs and that you manage your efforts in a timely way in keeping with quality objectives.
- Your analytical approach establishes you as credible support for line management.
- Flexible and friendly attitude and hands-on communication with employees in our operation make you their first and single point of contact for all queries. You manage conflict by creating solutions.
- Self-motivated, well organized and able to prioritize workload and to manage for results
- CIPD qualification preferred but not required
Back to top