Head of Contributor Marketplace
- New York, NY
The Head of Contributor Marketplace will contribute to overall company growth by leading and evolving our contributor strategy ensuring that we are building economic opportunities to engage and reward our global contributor network. This position will have direct P&L responsibility for contributor performance through strategic positioning of the contributor network and maximization of contributor relationships to support long-term growth.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience developing eCommerce marketplace strategies with strong vendor relations, project management, communication and analytical skills. They will have worked for a data-driven, multi-channel, B2B or B2C e-commerce platform.
The position calls for an experienced creative thinker who operates with decisive judgment and the ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution.
What you’ll do:
- Lead development of the overarching global contributor strategy to deliver impactful revenue growth plan, bringing significant new monetization opportunities to grow market share and drive network effect.
- Identify opportunities to expand the value and financial growth of the contributor network across each marketplace channel; conducting competitive analysis to inform differentiated positioning and investment strategy.
- Drive margin on overall total performance and contribution, ensuring healthy network metrics including value contribution, customer engagement and network value.
- Utilize competitive data, web analytics, eCommerce forecasting tools, reporting and financial analysis to drive business decisions and development plans.
- Partner across the organization to positively influence business decisions by developing and executing a roadmap with the marketing, product and technology teams that accelerates business growth and brings new services to the platform.
- Develop and oversee the effective planning and execution of contributor positioning across the websites and online marketing campaigns to ensure effective and relevant customer engagement.
- Prepare strategy materials, company updates, and board presentations, for contributor strategy and overall competitive landscape.
- Own strategic relationships for growth opportunities, navigating processes and finding solutions; through negotiation with strategic content partners.
- Develop business plan and annual budget for contributor function.
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of leadership experience managing business operations.
- Experience defining and implementing large eCommerce and marketplace growth projects.
- Extensive knowledge of eCommerce technologies, platforms and performance analytics.
- Exceptional negotiation, communication, networking and persuasion skills.
- Experience leading cross functional projects with success building buy-in for an innovative strategic vision.
- Demonstrated strong business judgement and decision-making skills, ability to identify, prioritize and articulate highest impact initiatives.
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data informed decisions, and comfort with pro-forma financial and operational analysis.
- Experience analyzing and structuring financial models, developing business cases and building revenue and operational plans.
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers and Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, and want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 330 million images and more than 18 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company’s brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top