Growth Engineer, Experiments & Testing
Shutterstock is growing by leaps and bounds and our data is too. We are looking for an ambitious engineer with extensive A/B testing experience who understand metrics and our business, in order to support and optimize our rapid business growth. Great candidates will be able to understand the big picture needs of a publicly traded international E-Commerce business and deliver information with speed, accuracy and clarity. You will be working with highly motivated and talented analysts, product managers and engineers to generate actionable insight and analytics to empower data-driven decisioning.
- Working with Testing Director to identify areas of growth through Data Analysis
- Set up, QA, and run A/B tests using Optimizely Web Experimentation.
- Able to set up A/B tests using Optimizely Full Stack
- Help Product, Search, UI/UX and Marketing team interpret results
- Amplify natural behaviors such as sharing and word of mouth between users.
- Helps create a repeatable process for QA that ensures all best practices for “testing the test” are followed
- Create tools/documentation to push out to the individual teams for them to QA on their own.
- Front end skills with HTML and CSS so that you can set up Optimizely tests
- UX/Design experience
- Understand consumer websites
- BS/BA in Statistics, Math, Physics, Engineering, Machine Learning, Economics, or other technical field.
- Strong knowledge of A/B test, measurement and associated statistical and machine learning methodologies,
- Experience using testing platform, such as Optimizely
- Proficient in SQL, strong experience using R and other programming languages. Some experience in using at least one scripting language (Note, Java, JaveScript, etc.)
- Good Excel data analytics skills, ability to use MS Office products
- Good communication skills, including report writing and presentation of results, ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) a plus.
- Experience with Machine Learning techniques
- Preferred experience with an Internet-based company.
- Experience with test / measurement tools
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top