Global Head of User Experience and Design
Shutterstock is a technology company that enables marketers, designers, businesses and creative professionals to find and license royalty free images, video and music for use on websites, ad campaigns, marketing materials and movies. Over 80 million stock photos, vectors, illustration, videos, and music tracks. More than 100,000 photographers, artists, videographers and musicians upload and license their work via Shutterstock. We are the volume leader, selling 5 images per second. Shutterstock’s marketplace, products, and services offer an incredible opportunity for UX and design professionals to empower storytellers across the globe.
We believe that user experience and design are core to our products. Design isn’t an afterthought, it is core to developing differentiated, delightful products that customers and contributors will love. We are passionate about empowering the world’s storytellers by creating simple, usable and enjoyable products.
Life at our headquarters in New York and working with our offices around the world is fast-paced and demanding, but it’s fun. As a public company, targets will be met and goals should be exceeded for the team’s and the company’s success. We foster product innovation and entrepreneurial thought processes through a startup-like environment.
This highly visible role will be responsible for product and marketing user experience and design across all our brands and offerings. You will actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer and contributor experiences across all Shutterstock products and brands while developing UX-centric strategies for driving product development.
Your team will design, implement and measure user experience across all products and will develop and implement new strategies to provide the desired level of service to stakeholders while continuously improving the user experience.
- You are a natural leader in the creative digital arena and your team will follow you to the ends of the earth to help you accomplish your goals.
- Your passion for digital product design is easy to discern from your past work.
- Your desire to make gorgeous, usable products that also drive conversion is contagious.
- Your background should include having launched successful and highly visible digital products in the consumer marketplace.
- Lead and mentor a team of 20+ interaction and visual designers to support our product innovation needs across web and mobile.
- Partner with management team to analyze, design, document and communicate the short and long-term strategy.
- Prioritize strategic initiatives in conjunction with product, marketing and sales roadmaps to maximize delivery on customer experience, operational efficiency and cost savings.
- Improve and expand the team by attracting, developing and retaining top-notch design and interaction talent and fostering an environment that fosters high quality creative output.
- Establish and lead Usability Lab efforts.
- Serve as the voice of the customer and act as a customer experience advocate in considering decisions that will impact the customer and contributors.
- Embrace A/B testing as a methodology to understand what design and interactions best work toward acquiring more customers and retaining them.
- Develop effective partnerships with corporate functional groups e.g. marketing, care, IT, and architecture organizations.
- A natural ability to communicate and inspire all levels of your team.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management including high level presentations on market forecasts, product updates and budget reviews.
- You have a proven track record of building consistent and award-winning user interfaces across multiple platforms.
- Significant experience managing creative teams and vendors to deliver high quality products in aggressive timeframes.
- Experience building / testing usability and navigation across multiple platforms.
- Proven background managing and delivering a product roadmap while working under pressure.
- 10+ years in a digital creative leadership position and a demonstrated ability to deliver products with elegant interaction and visual design.
- All candidates should have strong experience with highly visible brands and be able to balance conversion best practices with brand-centric design.
- Proven track record of success in leading and developing leaders and high performing teams to deliver stellar products into the market.
- Excellent technical acumen in the design and development realm.
- Ability to manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top