General Manager, Music
- New York, NY
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK) is a rapidly growing and profitable tech company headquartered in New York City that powers visual creativity around the world. We are actively seeking a General Manager for our Music business.
The GM will own the P&L for Music, driving revenue growth and profitability by defining, implementing and maintaining a strategy in support of Shutterstock’s global customer and contributor base. The GM will be the commercial leader of our Music business, ensuring that strategies are translated into operational activities for Product, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing to ensure revenue and margin targets are met and exceeded.
Digital Music Leadership
Proven Leadership in the Digital Music Industry is the defining characteristic of a successful candidate for the GM, Music.
The successful candidate must have previously demonstrated commercial success in a high-growth music business where s/he executed on attracting, retaining and growing a global customer base, and engaged them with compelling content and valuable tools and services.
The GM will have comprehensive knowledge of the changing content landscape and lead the development and execution of the strategy to enable us to capitalize on global opportunities. This will include a best in class contributor experience to drive greater levels of customer engagement.
- Understanding the current and future anticipated needs of our worldwide customer and contributor base and providing the most compelling content, innovative tools and valuable services which results in increased engagement, retention, and market share.
- Continue to be able to capitalize on our global marketplace where we generate 60% of our revenue outside the US, have contributors in over 100 countries, and a website translated into 21 languages.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to envision and create a best in class experience for customers and contributors by ensuring seamless access, a consistent user experience, unparalleled fast and relevant search, targeted focus on customer/contributor needs on when and where they need to find content and deliver the tools (on desktop or mobile), in their language and specific to their geography.
Growth Strategy & Operations
- Prioritize, align, and drive revenue-driving efforts across our Product, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing functions.
- Lead and manage detailed, cross-functional initiatives and launches from ideation to strategy to implementation to operational execution -- working with key Product and Marketing leaders.
- Ideate, advise and execute on new monetization strategies & tactics and incorporate into business planning.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company including Marketing, Product Management, and Finance.
Finance & Analytics
- Understand the details of the business activities enabling you to prepare and maintain the financial forecast and P&L for the eCommerce business.
- Synthesize, summarize and present data analysis to support strategic decision making.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance, focusing on product performance, lifetime customer value, customer behavior and other trend drivers with a focus on proposing actions that should be taken to improve the business outcomes.
- Communicate key analytical insights and actions being taken to stakeholders across the company.
- Proven General Manager with 10+ years of current Music/Media Industry experience; having led a business unit and has been responsible for the Strategy, P&L, and Growth Targets of that business
- At least 15+ years of overall working experience in the Media Technology Industry
- Strong strategic thinking and business judgment
- Outstanding communication, influencing, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience promoting company or brand at events or conferences
- Proven ability to balance priorities, projects, budgets and tasks
- Proven ability to deliver consistently high-quality work
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Experience with, and high level of comfort in, various digital storytelling platforms
- Experience working across different languages, countries and cultures preferred
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers and Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, and want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 330 million images and more than 18 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company’s brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top