Full Stack Engineer
As a leader in the stock photo industry, Shutterstock is looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to join and improve our Content Operations platform. As a Full Stack Engineer, there are opportunities to work both on the backend services as well as the front end interfaces our Content Operations team works in everyday. We strongly believe that in order to put our customers first, we must work closely with them to not only understand their needs but architect solutions that will improve their day to day flow. Our core belief is that in order for Shutterstock to succeed, teams and individual team members must be empowered to work with each other to develop the solution that best meets the needs of everyone involved.
- Contributing to all aspects of the services and applications under the team’s ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services.
- Play a major role in the development of key applications and services within the Shutterstock and Content ecosystem.
- Drive architectural decisions that are both in line with company direction and team requirements.
- Collaboration with others to develop best practices.
- 2+years of relevant software development experience.
- Experience with Node.js and good knowledge of the key libraries.
- Experience with Express framework and/or other web frameworks.
- Experience with React.js and good knowledge of user interface development.
- Experience with SOA architecture working on distributed/high trafficked systems.
- Experience building and designing highly scalable services, and RESTful API’s that power multiple consumers.
- Multi-year production experience building and maintaining web applications and\or backend systems at scale.
- Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Strong software development fundamentals (Data Structures, algorithms, problem solving, system architecture).
- Passionate about what you do and care deeply about the things you build.
- Able to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Has a good understanding of continuous delivery, writing unit tests and automated testing.
- Experience with at least one RDBMS
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related experience
- Automated configuration tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Building event-driven or message-driven architecture using tools like RabbitMQ and Kafka.
- Experience in an Agile environment.
- End-to-end testing automation frameworks (Nightwatch, Mocha, Chai, Selenium, etc.)
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top