Freelance Picture Editor
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace to license editorial and commercial images and videos - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
We’re looking for dynamic field picture editors who love to collaborate with photographers to capture entertainment and fashion events. You are someone who is results driven and thrives in a high-energy environment. This role thinks strategically about how to identify the most impactful images to drive value for our global market and clients.
- Work alongside and provide editing and file transmit support for photographers at entertainment and fashion events.
- Use insightful judgment to identify, edit and select the most impactful photographs ensuring that relevant aspects of a story are covered.
- Create and edit captions for accuracy and impact.
- Prioritize image selection and transmit with consideration for the market, customers and deadlines.
- Maintain full awareness and interest in EU, U.S. and global entertainment and celebrity events, news, trends, fashions, and celebrities.
- Maintain full understanding of the global client base, expected deadlines and image preferences.
- Hands-On: You should love rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the team.
- 2+ years of professional event-based photo editing experience.
- Proficient at creating and editing captions, keywords and media classifications.
- Domain expertise and passionate enthusiasm for entertainment and related media.
- Exceptional at achieving time-sensitive production goals while managing multiple (and competing) priorities and imminent deadlines.
- Available to edit on non-traditional shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Expertise working with industry standard image editing tools and processes.
- Experience collaborating with photographers in high-activity fast-paced environments.
- Excellent communicator, decisive, deadline-driven, people-oriented person.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
As a member of the Legal Team, Jayshree handles all of Shutterstock’s corporate legal work, from securities and exchange commission compliance to major company transactions.
Back to top