Freelance Entertainment Photographer
Shutterstock, a leading global technology company, offers high-quality assets, tools and services that provide creative content to agencies, media companies and organizations. Through our creative platform, we license editorial and commercial images and videos - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
We’re looking for freelance entertainment photographers in Las Vegas. This position calls for an experienced, creative, and self-motivated professional to shoot entertainment and music events. The primary responsibility for our photographers is to exercise expert judgment to capture editorial images for our global market and clients.
- Photograph entertainment, news, and music events.
- Use insightful judgment to shoot, edit, and select the most impactful photographs ensuring that relevant aspects of a story are covered.
- Collaborate with picture editors to provide editing guidance and actionable feedback.
- Be available and prepared to travel for single and multi-day event assignments.
- Shoot, select, and upload photographs with consideration for the market, customers and deadlines.
- Maintain operating knowledge and interest in U.S. and global entertainment events, news, trends, fashions, and celebrities.
- Build and sustain partnerships with public relations teams, event organizers, and assignment editors.
- Maintain full understanding of the global client base, expected deadlines and image preferences.
- Hands-On: You should love rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the team.
- 5+ years of professional entertainment, news, or fashion photography experience
- Experience shooting, editing, capturing and uploading images from live events.
- Expertise working with industry standard image editing tools and processes (including Adobe Photoshop, Photo Mechanic, and FTP clients).
- Proficient at creating and editing captions, keywords and media classifications.
- Existing productive relationships with public relations teams and event organizers.
- Excellent communicator, decisive, deadline-driven, people-oriented person.
- Experience collaborating with editors and technicians in fast-paced environments.
- Exceptional at achieving time-sensitive production goals while managing multiple (and competing) priorities and imminent deadlines.
- Available to work non-traditional schedules including evenings and weekend shift work.
- Wireless network-compatible camera a plus.
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 260 million images and more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top