Freelance Entertainment Photo Editor
Shutterstock, a leading global technology company, offers high-quality assets, tools and services that provide creative content to agencies, media companies and organizations. Through our creative platform, we license editorial and commercial images and videos - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
We’re looking for freelance photo editors in New York, NY. This position calls for a creative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented team player who loves to collaborate with photographers to capture major entertainment events. You are someone who thrives in a high-energy environment and is comfortable with non-traditional work hours. This role thinks strategically about how to identify the most impactful images to drive value for our global market and clients.
- Work alongside and provide editing and file transmit support for photographers at entertainment, music, and fashion events.
- Use insightful judgment to identify and edit the most impactful photographs ensuring that relevant aspects of a story are covered.
- Create and edit captions for accuracy and impact.
- Prioritize image selection and transmit with consideration for the market, customers and deadlines.
- Maintain full awareness and interest in global entertainment and celebrity events, news, trends, fashions, and celebrities.
- Maintain full understanding of the global client base, expected deadlines and image preferences.
- Hands-On: You should love rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the team.
- 2+ years of professional event-based photo editing experience.
- Proficient at creating and editing captions, keywords and media classifications.
- Domain expertise and passionate enthusiasm for entertainment and related media.
- Exceptional at achieving time-sensitive production goals while managing multiple (and competing) priorities and imminent deadlines.
- Available to work non-traditional schedules including evenings and weekend shift work.
- Expertise working with industry standard image editing tools and processes (including Adobe Photoshop, Photo Mechanic, and FTP clients).
- Experience collaborating with photographers in high-activity fast-paced environments.
- Excellent communicator, decisive, deadline-driven, people-oriented person.
- Proficiency in Mac based systems and applications.
- PLEASE NOTE: This position requires a MacBook Pro laptop and relevant image editing software.
In addition to filling out the application below, please also complete this survey: https://goo.gl/PVjCT2
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top