Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
The primary purpose of this position is to monitor operations at the facility to ensure the established policies and procedures are followed under general direction. Organize, monitor and supervise facility maintenance operations; performs a variety of technical tasks relative to facility maintenance; provides technical assistance to the department head and maintain a clean office.
This person will also manage all Facilities Office Assistants in ESB.
- Assign installation, removal, maintenance, and repair work projects and tasks to skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled maintenance workers.
- Ensure timely completion of all duties by maintenance staff to minimize labor costs.
- Supervise, prioritize, motivate, monitor, and evaluate the work of skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled maintenance workers.
- Manage JIRA and work orders, assign staff as applicable, follow-up and verify completion of work, and expedite and approve payments via Operations Supervisor (in conjunction with Head of Global Facilities) for completed work.
- Have working knowledge of HVAC systems preferably CRAC units.
- Build a working relationship with the buildings operations teams.
- Plan and execute office desk moves in ESB.
- Experience in space planning software
- Respond to emergency situations and is on-call after hours. Responsible for communicating to Facilities Management any building-related issues affecting business operations.
- Help coordinate any events with direct reports which include catering to room setup and clean-up.
- Manage mailroom operations and staff at ESB.
- May be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth for this position to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Establish schedules and methods for providing facility maintenance services; identify resource needs; review needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resources accordingly.
- Repair, replace, paint and maintain all ESB floors.
- Inventory, stock and maintain /meeting rooms/office supply/copier rooms/ all three floors.
- Provide Office Supervisor with a daily post inventory list of food/beverage and office supply items needed for each floor for ordering.
- Supervise deliveries of food/beverage/office supplies to each floor’s stockroom.
- Assist and manage all setup for new hire desk in ESB with direct reports.
- Cover Reception desk as needed.
- Must be self-motivated and independent.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a team environment to accomplish multiple tasks.
- Good communication and customer service skills needed.
- Good attention to detail.
- Has experience in facilities.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
4+ years relevant work experience
1-3 years of supervisory experience is preferred
Education and Certification(s)
Associates degree or equivalent and relevant work experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
As a member of the Legal Team, Jayshree handles all of Shutterstock’s corporate legal work, from securities and exchange commission compliance to major company transactions.
Back to top