Editorial Picture Editor
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace to license editorial and commercial images and videos - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
We’re looking for a dynamic picture editor to edit and process images for our Editorial collection featuring the work of incredible entertainment and fashion photographers from around the world. You are someone who is results driven and thrives in an innovative high-energy environment.
As an Editorial Picture Editor, this role thinks strategically about how to identify the most impactful images to drive value for our global market and clients.
- Responsible for processing and editing of images filed by photographers at U.S., UK, and global entertainment and fashion events.
- Use insightful judgment to identify, edit and select the most impactful photographs ensuring that relevant aspects of a story are covered.
- Review images for quality aspects and overall integrity, and approve or edit captions for accuracy.
- Keep current, highlight topical material and improve customer experience on company website.
- Collaborate with photographers in the field to provide editing guidance, actionable feedback, and file transfer support.
- Prioritize image selection and processing with consideration for the market, customers, and deadlines.
- Maintain full awareness and interest in the UK, U.S. and global entertainment events, news, trends, fashion, and celebrities.
- Maintain full understanding of the global client base, expected deadlines and images.
- Hands-On: You should love rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the team.
- Expertise working with industry standard image editing tools and processes.
- Proficient at creating and editing captions, keywords and media classifications.
- Domain expertise and passionate enthusiasm for entertainment and celebrity media.
- 2+ years of professional photo editing experience.
- Excellent communicator, decisive, deadline-driven, people-oriented person.
- Experience collaborating with picture editors and photographers in high-activity fast-paced environments.
- Exceptional at achieving time-sensitive production goals while managing multiple (and competing) priorities and imminent deadlines.
- Available to work non-traditional schedules including evenings and weekend shift work.
- Software: Photo Mechanic, Photoshop, Bridge, Excel, Google Docs, and file sharing systems.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world.
Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, SanFrancisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Director of Editorial Sales, North America
In her role, Candice works closely with the Sales, Content, Product, and Marketing Teams to sell Shutterstock’s editorial content to customers across North America.
Back to top