Director/Senior Director, Editorial Content EMEA
We’re looking for a dynamic leader to manage our EMEA editorial content operations. You are someone who is results driven and thrives in an innovative high-energy environment. This position is responsible for managing and evolving for scale our editorial business content operations ensuring that we are effectively publishing content that meets our global marketplace needs.
This position calls for an experienced creative thinker who operates with decisive operational judgment and the ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution.
- Define and execute EMEA editorial content sourcing strategy in support of revenue goals, business objectives and customer requirements.
- Manage, lead, develop and mentor content teams responsible for acquisition, production, publishing and marketplace collection integrity.
- Collaborate with General Management, Sales and Marketing to support achieving our customer content requirements and drive differentiation.
- Own EMEA editorial content gap analysis and segmentation by geo, category, tiers, markets and customer channels.
- Own operational planning, logistics and budget for EMEA content supplier integration and event content production.
- Own EMEA strategic content acquisition process end-to- end from first contact with a contributor to collaborating on contracts with legal to liaising with content processing, publishing and merchandising.
- Collaborate across product and search teams to drive marketplace success and ROI for acquired strategic content.
- Own the financial success of editorial content acquisition for EMEA.
- Present at conferences, attend events and assume public role as a representative of Shutterstock editorial content services.
- Hands-On: you should love rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the team.
- 10+ years of proven leadership experience managing large-scale content operations.
- Domain expertise and passionate enthusiasm for editorial and creative media business operations.
- Strong bias for action; exceptional at achieving time-sensitive production goals while managing multiple (and competing) priorities and deadlines.
- Experience managing digital supply chain and operations, production measurement and workflow optimization.
- Strong experience preparing and managing budgets and operating plans and managing P&L.
- Strong business workflow and data analysis skills. Experience defining and implementing content operations work models and production schedules.
- Deep network and industry relationships, easy ability to engage and develop new partnerships.
- Outstanding team leadership skills. Excellent communicator, decisive, results-driven, with strong ability to align and inspire teams.
B.S., B.A., A.S. or equivalent
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
VP, Content Operations
Paul is responsible for scaling Shutterstock's content strategy and distribution processes—helping contributors better monetize their creative brands and maximizing company revenue.
Back to top