Director, Product Design - eCommerce
Shutterstock is a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment within a disruptive marketplace. Well positioned as the disruptive new leader in the digital content space, Shutterstock has the largest crowd-sourced digital content libraries in the world that includes images, vectors, music, and video. We manage a library of creative building blocks for a broad, expanding customer base creating new opportunities with every new customer segment, globally.
The Shutterstock Product Design team is responsible for designing all of the customer experiences for the company. We believe in a thoughtful approach to user experience and crisp execution on the UI. That means quantitative, qualitative and analytical research. It also means lots of collaboration with product owners and developers and within the design team.
And because we’re agile, we are quick on our feet and know how to iterate. But most of all we are compassionate - we want to solve problems and solve them with integrity and a commitment to quality.
The Director of Product Design for eCommerce will establish and drive the overall design strategy for our e-commerce properties. This is a senior-level role with significant responsibility, creativity, technical expertise, and business sense required.
- Oversees the development, execution, and improvement of user experience strategic plans
- Drive multi-channel user experience strategy and innovation with successful delivery of product roadmaps
- Contribute UX and Design thought-leadership to a highly collaborative team of UX, product, engineering, and marketing professionals with a focus on converting strong conceptual thinking and product strategy to impactful and intuitive experiences
- Lead strong teams through rapidly evolving, complex demands, including multiple projects with dependencies on other internal teams.
- Apply and further develop your experience in developing new approaches to design based on industry best practices, including agile and lean product development methodologies.
- Identify the need for analysis of customer behavior changes (for example, spikes in sales revenues, traffic, abandonment, engagement)
- Embrace A/B testing as a methodology to understand what design and interactions work best toward acquiring more customers and retaining them.
- Recruit and develop extraordinary talent, by coaching, managing and mentoring teams of designers.
- 8 + years of experience.
- Degree in Design or Art, or related field of study (or work experience in lieu of degree)
- Mastery of design tools (Sketch, Adobe Suite, Prototyping).
- You have solid working knowledge of HTML/CSS, ability to prototype in code a big plus.
- You understand system design and can apply a design library as well as extend it.
- You are comfortable working in the Agile methodology
- You listen well and have excellent speaking and writing skills and can articulate your decision and design process
- You are respectful when challenging assumptions and give and receive feedback with equal grace
- You are a responsible adult. You estimate work, commit and deliver on deadlines and are vocal when risk arise.
- You enjoy working with a great group of designers, who genuinely care about design and each other
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace for creative professionals to license content - including images, videos, and music - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
The company has expanded its portfolio to include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management platform for businesses, as well as Offset, a high-end image collection.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
VP, Content Operations
Paul is responsible for scaling Shutterstock's content strategy and distribution processes—helping contributors better monetize their creative brands and maximizing company revenue.
Back to top