Director, Product Design - Creative Tools & Workflows
Shutterstock is a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment within a disruptive marketplace. Well positioned as the disruptive new leader in the digital content space, Shutterstock has the largest crowd-sourced digital content libraries in the world that includes images, vectors, music, and video. We manage a library of creative building blocks for a broad, expanding customer base creating new opportunities with every new customer segment, globally.
The Shutterstock Product Design team is responsible for designing all of the customer experiences for the company. We believe in a thoughtful approach to user experience and crisp execution on the UI. That means quantitative, qualitative and analytical research. It also means lots of collaboration with product owners and developers and within the design team.
And because we’re agile, we are quick on our feet and know how to iterate. But most of all we are compassionate - we want to solve problems and solve them with integrity and a commitment to quality.
The Director of User Experience and Design for Engagement will establish and drive the overall design strategy for our creative tools and workflows. This is a senior-level role with significant responsibility, creativity, technical expertise, and business sense required.
- Understand the engineering requirements and define methods that will deliver and scaling the Shutterstock Design System
- Driving our operational strategy and owning and evolving a holistic design process.
- Building tools to empower and amplify designers as well as bridging disciplines.
- Ensuring our design is executed to the highest quality across Product and Marketing initiatives.
- Close partnership with marketing and brand teams to ensure strong visual design and consistent brand expression
- Lead strong teams through rapidly evolving, complex demands, including multiple projects with dependencies on other internal teams.
- Apply and further develop your experience in developing new approaches to design based on industry best practices, including agile and lean product development methodologies.
- Recruit and develop extraordinary talent, by coaching, managing and mentoring teams of designers.
- 8 + years of experience.
- Degree in Design or Art, or related field of study (or work experience in lieu of degree)
- Mastery of design tools (Sketch, Adobe Suite, Prototyping).
- You have solid working knowledge of HTML/CSS, ability to prototype in code a big plus.
- You understand system design and can apply a design library as well as extend it.
- You are comfortable working in the Agile methodology
- You listen well and have excellent speaking and writing skills and can articulate your decision and design process
- You are respectful when challenging assumptions and give and receive feedback with equal grace
- You are a responsible adult. You estimate work, commit and deliver on deadlines and are vocal when risk arise.
- You enjoy working with a great group of designers, who genuinely care about design, and each other
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace for creative professionals to license content - including images, videos, and music - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
The company has expanded its portfolio to include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management platform for businesses, as well as Offset, a high-end image collection.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Director of Editorial Sales, North America
In her role, Candice works closely with the Sales, Content, Product, and Marketing Teams to sell Shutterstock’s editorial content to customers across North America.
Back to top