Director of Inside Sales - Americas
Shutterstock is an established, ten-year-old, rapidly growing, global content and technology company based in New York City. We helped to transform the stock photography industry by pioneering a subscription-based purchase model. We offer a professional, energetic, and vibrant culture within a creative industry.
Continued growth of our content library (now 80+ million images), product portfolio and customer base are creating new career opportunities.
The Director of Inside Sales Americas will develop and implement sales strategy to drive significant revenue growth from existing and new customers. The Dir Inside Sales will manage a team of 10+ Account Executives to execute on strategies and key initiatives to growth through various selling techniques. The Dir Sales will identify and escalate any operational/organizational barriers that may impede success of the team. They will regularly collaborate with other departments, coordinating efforts to increase revenue growth and customer loyalty and should be able to work across product lines to effectively support cross-sell initiatives.
This is a successful, high volume transactional sales operation – shortlist candidates must illustrate and possess a strong Inside sales track record and be able to galvanize and motivate a dynamic call center while effectively partnering with the Outside Sales organization to hand off customers as they enter the value chain.
- Reports to the VP Global Inside Sales
- Reporting up to this position will be Sales staff.
- Meets and/or exceeds broad goals including, but not limited to, revenue, customer growth and customer happiness.
- Manages Forecasts, Pipelines and predictability for revenue achievement at the individual and team levels.
- Manages the entire sales life-cycle to ensure visibility into and predictability of the lead-to-close process.
- Working with sales operations leaders, manages forecasting, quota assignments/rollout, and other operational aspects of sales process.
- Responsible for managing coordination between sales and pre-sales.
- Works to strengthen, improve and enable sales team members on their sales approach and performance.
- Manages maintenance and support renewals to enhance customer experience.
- Works with the executive team on strategies and key initiatives to drive revenue growth.
- Attracts, develops, and retains talented and engaged employees on successful teams.
- Works with Product Management & Operations regarding overall product portfolio strategy and execution.
- Works collaboratively with CRM and operations team to help configure CRM, driving efficient workflow and ability to scale.
- Works with Finance, Legal and Communications regarding overall customer expectation management.
- Creates a cohesive team by providing leadership that engages all staff, including the clear establishment of performance expectations, coaching, performance management, career development, discipline, reward and recognition, hiring, and positive employee morale.
- Ensures and enables the highest levels of professionalism.
- Ensures timely and positive resolution of escalated sales-related issues.
- Promotes and maintains a high-quality, professional, service-oriented
- culture among the sales team.
- Demonstrates and role models leadership qualities for team members and
- all employees.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- 10+ years of sales experience in fast growing and complex sales organization with experience managing sales teams in Americas including 5 years of experience in a sales leadership role with proven track record of hitting or exceeding quota.
- Significant experience with inside direct sales teams, preferably in a call center environment, and channel partner sales.
- Experience in leading a pre-sales organization in conjunction with a direct sales force.
- Multi-channel experience and expertise (direct, channel, inside, field, etc).
- Software industry background is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills founded on the values and leadership characteristics – motivating others by inspiring and creating a team that delivers by placing the customer first.
- Being able to think beyond area of control/domain to do what is right for the broader organization.
- Strong analytical skills, and strong in execution; results driven and proven track record of holding teams accountable for end results.
- Strong leadership skills, leading by example, driving employee commitment through actions, empowering employees to reach their full potential.
- Strong experience in Salesforce, MS Excel and PPT. Workday experience a plus.
Back to top