Director of Customer Care
Director, Customer Care
Shutterstock is a global technology company that powers one of the world’s largest marketplaces for high quality photos, illustrations, videos and music used by businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations of all sizes. Shutterstock is made up of independent thinkers, technologists, and designers – working collaboratively to do compelling work, create cool stuff, and inspire each other. In the process, we’re building sophisticated tools to help the world experience images, footage, and music in a more beautiful way.
We are responsive to and advocate for our global customers. That means we leverage quantitative, qualitative and analytical research into all that we do. It also means cross functional collaboration with marketing, sales,operations,finance, product and tech teams. And because we’re agile, we are quick on our feet and know how to iterate. But most of all we want to solve problems and solve them with integrity.
As the Customer Care Director, you’ll lead our vibrant and growing global support teams and build winning strategies to deliver customer loyalty and satisfaction. Candidates should have a solid track record of innovation and measurable success. We need a highly motivated and positive individual with deep experience managing and growing Customer Care organizations for a dynamic, high growth company. You will lead the internal Customer Care team, manage our external vendors, be responsible for improving strategic KPIs and planning/executing the evolution of our Customer Care center to support Shutterstock’s growth.
- Manage global and multi-lingual teams of 50-100+ and contact centers with over 1MM annual contacts leveraging multiple communication channels i.e. phone, email, chat, social etc.
- Own the customer experience journey through our contact channels. Set the standards of quality, productivity and customer value offered through the internal Customer Care team’s activities as they resolve problems and integrate solutions that translate into product and service improvements.
- Analyze the productivity of the Customer Care center, recommend adjustments to staffing and infrastructure, performance targets and resources in order to maximize results and support our growing organization.
- Build an environment that is customer driven, focused on retention and upsell opportunities. Successful track record implementing loyalty and upsell programs.
- Partnering and develop processes to aid in the consistent delivery of outstanding customer experiences.
- Determine individual and team-level metrics and build the systems, training and processes for tracking those metrics.
- Be a customer advocate strategist. Deliver quantitative customer feedback as an actionable source of business intelligence to the company.
- Manage and optimize quality vendor performance through scorecards, calibrations and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Be a compassionate people manager who builds career and skill development processes and paths and implements inspiring and motivating team programs and events.
- Build and leverage internal knowledge bases to improve efficiencies.
- Leverage self-service channels to support contact diversion strategies while enabling growth of upsell opportunities.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- 7-9+ years of applicable experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Contact Center management experience with multi-lingual 100+ teams, located globally
- Experience with contact center workflow and phone queue management
- Experience in creating a profit oriented customer care organization
- Experience in reporting and presenting contact center and customer analysis and strategies to senior executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent leadership skills; proven ability to hire, retain and engage the right talent and create a high performing team.
- Experience in transforming teams and change management
- Experience in developing staffing strategies and implementing staffing plans and managing a multi-shift operation.
- Proven performance management, coaching and counseling skills.
- Ability to budget, forecast and plan effectively for future growth.
- Hands on experience developing and deploying technology such as IVR, Live Chat and QA
- Vendor management experience.
- Experience with Salesforce.com Service and Sales Cloud
- Experience with Workday a plus
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top