Director of Business Strategy and Product Marketing, Music
- New York, NY
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), headquartered in New York City, is the premier tech and content platform providing beautiful and relevant visual and audio content for storytellers around the world to engage and captivate their audiences. The entrepreneurial spirit is deeply ingrained in our culture, and we are a dynamic and growing company with the financial strength and ongoing profitability to fuel our growth ambitions. We are currently seeking a results-oriented Director to join the Shutterstock team in our Business Strategy and Product Marketing function.
The Business Strategy and Product Marketing function is a newly formed group reporting to the VP/GM of Image and Motion. We are seeking a Director of Business Strategy and Product Marketing for Music. The Director will be the leader responsible for ideating and executing on projects that drive growth, profitability, and overall success of the music businesses. This is a highly influential role with great visibility among the C-suite as the GM function reports directly into the office of the CEO.
This seasoned leader will work closely with research and business analytics teams to understand the market landscape, our target audiences, and our business performance to ideate new growth strategies. The leader will collaborate cross-functionally with product, engineering, sales, marketing, finance, and other teams to execute on key strategies. Our primary objectives are to analytically drive strategic decisions and operational rigor across the company to execute to the desired results.
The ideal candidate is a proactive leader with proven success in a cross-functional environment, a smart, strategic thinker who drives results, and an aspiring CEO who can stay focused and move fast on high impact projects. This is a full-time position and is located in New York City.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Music business and be the person that can connect the dots between teams to identify areas for improvement, efficiency, and collaboration
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders and other internal stakeholders on key business initiatives, programs, resource planning, and special projects related to the Music business
- Frame decisions and contribute a strong point of view
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering to define and develop product value propositions and positioning in the context of business strategy and market landscape - developing the understanding of 'why' we are building products and features
- Identify target audiences and drive a cross-functional team to operationalize marketing campaigns and product launches to penetrate the target audience
- Create compelling messaging, positioning and go-to-market plans for new product and service offerings and for driving deeper adoption of our existing solutions
- Work closely with research, pricing, and business/data analytics teams to analyze and understand our audiences, stay ahead of our evolving competitive landscape, identify key growth opportunities, and recommend solutions and course of action based on data and insights
- Measure and evaluate marketing initiatives and product launches to quantify project success and identify areas of improvement for future projects
- 8+ years of business strategy and marketing experience with 6+ years in a product marketing role defining and executing go-to-market strategy
- Demonstrated success and passion for collecting and using customer insights to drive strategic decisions
- Experience developing positioning, messaging and pricing for products and offering packages that serve multiple personas, verticals and markets
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; very comfortable communicating to senior executives.
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record influencing a cross-functional and highly diverse global team
- Expertise in data-driven decision-making. Ability to analyze complex data sets if required
- Conversant in multiple marketing channels; must have knowledge of digital and traditional channels, and in-product user experience
- Entrepreneurial and proactive. Thrive in a fast-paced, ‘get-it-done’ environment
- MBA a plus
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers and Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, and want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 330 million images and more than 18 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company’s brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top