Director of AI Engineering & Data Science
- Dublin, Ireland
As Director of AI Engineering & Data Science, you will play a key role in managing the team responsible for discovering insights hidden in vast amounts of data and for building AI-based solutions which include Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, and Deep Learning models. You will partner with product owners from all teams at Shutterstock to understand requirements and collaborate on providing solutions at scale. You will also be bringing modern data technologies and practices to enable our talented team of data scientists to build, train, and deploy ML models.
- Manage a group of Data Scientists, focusing on both skill growth as well as achieving business objectives
- Define a clear direction for the data science team both in terms of projects and team development
- Evaluate relevant new and mature technologies as needs, gaps, and opportunities arise
- Work closely and collaboratively in an Agile environment with our data scientists, software engineers, data engineers and product owners
- Collaborate with analysts and business partners to drive ideas from the rapid prototyping phase all the way through to serving and learning from live traffic at scale
- Ability to identify problem patterns and apply solutions that enable our team to accelerate delivery
- 10+ years of overall experience with a current track record of delivering business value with AI, machine learning or data-driven products.
- 3+ years of industry experience creating, deploying, and learning from production algorithm analysis
- Experience with common toolkits, such as TensorFlow, Caffe, PyTorch, scikit-learn.
- Experience in one or more areas: computer vision, information retrieval, natural language processing, recommendation systems, deep learning, representation learning, transfer learning and self-supervision.
- Excellent applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing or regression
- Experience with data science collaborative platforms (MLflow, Neptune, Domino, etc.)
- Experience with software development best practices (version control, testing, code review, etc.)
- Fluent in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to Python, Spark, C, Java, Scala
- Knowledge of SQL
- BS or MS degree in Computer science, Physics, Math or related STEM field
- In-depth understanding of common deep learning architectures such as Inception, Faster R-CNN, YOLO, ELMo or BERT
- AWS experience
- Ph.D. in a related scientific field: Computer science, Physics, Math
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers and Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, and want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 330 million images and more than 18 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company’s brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top