Director, Marketing Operations
Shutterstock is a leading global technology company that offers high-quality assets, tools and services through our creative platform. This platform inspires creators by providing diverse content to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. And the people behind the scenes are a super talented, fiercely passionate group of individuals with the unified goal of working together to build a stronger company for our customers, contributors and colleagues alike.
The Director, Marketing Operations position is a new opportunity within our organization. In this role, you would be involved with critical strategic, analytical, and operational projects designed to accelerate our growth. You would be central to our success, helping us shape strategy, improve our operating model and execute our campaigns. You would have the opportunity to work both within marketing and with key stakeholders across the organization in product, tech, legal, finance and data analytics to improve our operational efficiency and scalability, drive strategic planning and execute marketing campaign measurement and effectiveness.
This position is a part of our Marketing organization, reports to the VP of Pricing and Marketing Operations, and is based out of Shutterstock’s New York headquarters in the Empire State Building.
- Work across all key marketing channels and functions (performance, CRM, creative, communications, events, B2B, etc.) to build and ensure proper internal processes and workflows are in place.
- Lead all advertising operations projects for the marketing program.
- Lead marketing integration efforts -- work with stakeholders to execute on campaign strategies by building roadmaps and managing delivery of marketing campaigns.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in engagement; and share findings along with suggestions for improvements to operations.
- Develop and own the timeline of marketing projects, assign tasks, oversee completion of deliverables, develop contingency plans and ensure deadlines are met.
- Utilize and improve all marketing data systems to optimize projects in order to drive agreed-upon KPIs.
- Partner cross functionally to ensure proper internal processes and workflows are in place:
- Financial and Legal Operations - work with these teams to develop and manage processes that ensure campaigns are being properly set up, are cost effective, and are legally compliant.
- Product and Tech - be the conduit between marketing and product / tech, working on projects that could include building landing pages, testing and optimizing, CRO initiatives, performance work, etc.
- Data - ensure we have the appropriate tracking across Business Intelligence, Web Analytics, Analytics & Reporting and Data Science
- Help identify areas for improved “marketing product” and lead cross-functional / cross-department initiatives for ensuring delivery of these initiatives.
- Strong overall understanding of digital, e-commerce marketing, including paid search, SEO, display and affiliate, as well as B2B marketing
- Experience with both B2B and B2C marketing programs
- Strong knowledge of data systems / flows, including MarTech and AdTech platforms (paid media platforms, affiliate Networks, SEO tools, ESP tools, Web Analytics tools)
- Expert in defining and implementing processes and policies
- Ability to work with product teams and across the organization
- Strong understanding of finance and accounting
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Project management experience
- Curious and motivated to contribute above and beyond what is asked of you
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Strong emotional competency and can work independently
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week and has millions of images and video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Product Support Specialist
Tobi is in charge of managing Shutterstock’s support channels, which means assisting customers and contributors with requests and implementing permanent solutions for any issues.
Back to top