Director, Human Resources
Shutterstock is seeking an effective and collaborative leader to serve as the Director of Human Resources for a rapidly growing tech company. The Director will focus on developing and implementing an HR strategy that ensures that these strategies are aligned with Shutterstock’s business objectives. This HR Leader will partner with the various senior leaders (VP's and Directors) along with their respective leadership teams to develop and execute the HR strategies and activities that foster growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness. The individual in this role will assess the human resources needs in areas such as performance management, employee relations, compensation, career development, retention and leadership development, and drive the appropriate solutions in these areas. The leader will set a compelling vision and mentor/develop the HRBP(s) on the team.
- Understand Shutterstock’s business model and objectives, and contribute to the development of both business and HR strategies that align with objectives
- Drive informed decision making by using data to identify trends; work with business leaders to determine root cause of issues; develop organizational effectiveness solutions
- Identify and take action on coaching opportunities including the facilitation of individual, team and leadership interventions
- Partner with senior leadership and recruiting to develop workforce plans and staffing models that support business objectives and advance the business and functions (talent acquisition, onboarding, development, talent movement)
- Support the implementation of structures and strategies to improve individual and organizational performance
- Advance diversity and inclusion efforts for the business
- Provides consultation on employee engagement and retention designed to support the desired organizational culture.
- Ensures effective leadership teams and benches through development, hiring, and coaching.
- Provides advice and guidance on performance management including leadership development, accelerated development, coaching talent reviews, and dismissals.
- Engage and influence senior management to support and implement HR initiatives across the organization including Total Rewards.
- Lead the development and implementation of systems and processes to drive continuous learning and knowledge sharing across the organization
- Work with partner groups to update and apply policies and procedures consistently across the business.
- Proactively work with client group and HR leadership to propose and drive new HR initiatives that align with business needs
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 10+ years experience
- Experience in a public matrixed, fast-paced, global, and rapidly-changing business environment
- Prior experience in a start up environment is a plus
- A strong, results focused ability to quickly identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Excellent interpersonal communication, coaching, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate cross-functionally in order to solve problems and implement solutions
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and high change agility
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace for creative professionals to license content - including images, videos, and music - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
The company has expanded its portfolio to include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management platform for businesses, as well as Offset, a high-end image collection.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
Director of Editorial Sales, North America
In her role, Candice works closely with the Sales, Content, Product, and Marketing Teams to sell Shutterstock’s editorial content to customers across North America.
Back to top