Director, Global Payroll and Benefits
The Director, Global Payroll and Benefits oversees the payroll, benefits and compensation functions for Shutterstock’s global employee population. Responsibilities of this position include managing a team who prepares and processes global payroll, managing reporting of all federal, state, county and local payroll taxes, International countries payroll taxes and reconciling payroll accounts in accordance with SOX requirements. The individual will also oversee benefits for the organization including health, wellness, life, disability, income protection and retirement savings.
- Plans and directs payroll and benefits/wellness processes, policies, and initiatives.
- Directs and audits payroll procedures to include earnings, garnishments, tax withholding, and absence processing globally.
- Identifies and coordinates changes in policy and procedures governed by federal, state and local laws that affect the payroll, benefits and compensation functions.
- Determines and executes solutions to daily processing issues. Recommends system enhancements and assists in the development, testing and implementation of solutions.
- Leads team to respond to pay, benefit, payroll tax, and compensation inquiries from management, employees, and outside agencies
- Ensures payroll tax liability account reconciliations are maintained properly
- Responsible for ensuring annual payroll tax reconciliation is timely and accurate, compliance with filing returns and issuing W-2 forms.
- Develops documentation and trains team on payroll, payroll tax and benefits practices.
- Leads sourcing, collaboration and evaluation of administrators, insurers, brokers and other outsourced service providers to ensure company interests are managed responsibly.
- Leads assessment of benefit plans to develop data-driven recommendations for strategy and design; ensures benefit programs remain competitive within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures compensation programs are administered in a timely and accurate manner including merit, bonus and equity awards.
- Provides leadership and direction to team.
- Collaborates with Tax Function on all payroll tax related matters and General Accounting related to month-end, quarter-end and year-end close process.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external customers to achieve business results.
- Proactive, motivated, results oriented individual capable of partnering with diverse perspectives and backgrounds to negotiate positive outcomes that impact the work of internal, external and cross-functional partners.
- Role model of Shutterstock’s high ethical standards and code of conduct.
- Execute ad hoc projects as directed by senior management.
- Minimum of 10 years payroll management experience in a global, multi-site, multi-state environment is required.
- Previous experience of benefits administration management is required
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with managing exempt and non-exempt professionals required.
- Working knowledge of compensation principles is required.
- Working knowledge of HRIS, payroll systems and payroll tax filings is required. Experience with Workday or other HRIS experience preferred.
- Proficient in PC/spreadsheet skills.
- Strong leadership, analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, HR or other business-related field is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- One or more professional certifications preferred: CPP, CBP, CEBS, CCP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Manage 3 -4 direct reports
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
As a member of the Legal Team, Jayshree handles all of Shutterstock’s corporate legal work, from securities and exchange commission compliance to major company transactions.
Back to top