Director, Experiments & Testing
Shutterstock is growing by leaps and bounds and our data is too. We are looking for an ambitious hand-on manager of Experiments and Testing with a passion for data mining, data analysis, measurement and testing, in order to support and optimize our rapid business growth. Great candidates will be able to understand the big picture needs of a publicly traded international E-Commerce business and deliver information with speed, accuracy and clarity. You will be working with highly motivated and talented analysts, other data scientists and engineers to generate actionable insight and analytics to empower data-driven decisioning.
- Steward of testing process, responsible for gathering testing ideas and requirements, prioritizing tests to be conducted
- Project managing entire testing program across orgs including testing methodology and documentation, setup tests and QA, execute tests, conduct custom measurement analysis, deliver and communicate test result
- Ensure sound testing methodology, able to validate and recommend the most appropriate testing methodology
- More detailed responsibilities included:
- Partner with business stakeholders to brainstorm testing ideas, develop testing hypothesis, set testing success metrics, identify the best test design
- Able to execute tests using tools and platforms such as Optimizely
- Manage measurement reporting using capabilities of the test platform
- Generate insight using testing data
- Partner with Data Collection team on collection of testing data and alignment with internal and 3rd party data
- Inform, influence, and support business stakeholders through presentation of work and consultative approach
- Communicate analytics results and customer insights clearly and effectively
- Actively seek to share knowledge within the team and across business
- Spreading best practices to analytics and product teams
- 5+ years experience doing quantitative analysis, statistical / analytics project work
- Experience managing analytics team
- MS/MA in Statistics, Math, Physics, Engineering, Machine Learning, Economics, or other technical field. Doctoral degree is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of A/B test, measurement and associated statistical and machine learning methodologies,
- Experience using testing platform, such as Optimizely
- Proficient in SQL, strong experience using R and other programming languages. Some experience in using at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Good Excel data analytics skills, ability to use MS Office products
- Good communication skills, including report writing and presentation of results, ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop) a plus.
- Experience with Machine Learning techniques
- Preferred experience with an Internet-based company.
- Experience with test / measurement tools
- Preferred experience with a statistical package such as MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
As a member of the Legal Team, Jayshree handles all of Shutterstock’s corporate legal work, from securities and exchange commission compliance to major company transactions.
Back to top