Director, Content Operations, Editorial
We’re looking for a dynamic leader to manage our editorial content production operations. You are someone who is results driven and thrives in an innovative high-energy environment. This position is responsible for managing and evolving our event coverage operations ensuring that we are effectively publishing content that meets our global marketplace needs.
This position calls for an experienced creative thinker who operates with decisive operational judgment and the ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution.
- Responsible for building and directing global content production operations for Shutterstock editorial event coverage.
- Direct global event operational planning including field editing strategy and resource assignments, IT service requirements and partnerships, and budget management.
- Define and implement workflows, tools and systems for live event content production.
- Determine and implement Shutterstock strategy for field picture editing standards, leading initiatives to advance the consistency of image selection and publishing.
- Build a global team of picture editors; design and implement editor training modules and programs to bring about expedited onboarding and editing consistency.
- Establish partnerships with event organizers, PRs, and IT service providers in support of exceptional content production.
- Develop production metrics for image editing and quality; measurable commitments that support strategic initiatives and market coverage targets.
- Maintain full awareness and interest in U.S. and global entertainment events, news, trends, fashions, and celebrities.
- Hands-On: You should love rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the team.
- 5+ years of professional photo editing experience along with domain expertise and passionate enthusiasm for entertainment and celebrity media.
- Strong bias for action; exceptional at achieving time-sensitive production goals while managing multiple (and competing) priorities and deadlines.
- Experience managing output-focused operations, production measurement and workflow optimization.
- Strong business workflow and data analysis skills. Experience defining and implementing content operations work models and production schedules.
- Outstanding team leadership skills. Excellent communicator, decisive, results-driven, with strong ability to align and inspire teams.
- Available to work non-traditional schedules including evenings and weekends.
- Software: Photo Mechanic, Photoshop, Bridge, Excel, Google Docs, and file sharing systems.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world.
Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, SanFrancisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top