Director, Content Acquisition - APAC
- Tokyo, Japan
The Director, Content Acquisition for the APAC region is responsible for delivering and executing a content acquisition strategy with a primary goal of adding strategic and competitive value to Shutterstock content collections. This position directs and evolves our creative content partnership strategy ensuring that we are effectively publishing strategic content that meets our global marketplace needs.
This position calls for an experienced creative thinker who operates with decisive judgment and the ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution.
What you’ll do:
- Define and execute Shutterstock creative content sourcing strategy in support of revenue revenue growth and customer retention.
- Lead the evaluation of potential content partners through content analysis, market demand, competitive positioning, and performance modeling.
- Drive creative content gap analysis & segmentation by geo, category, tiers, markets and customer channels.
- Explain the value and benefits of Shutterstock content to improve opportunity conversion and retention rates for Enterprise, SMB and Platform Solutions customers
- Own strategic content acquisition process end-to-end from first partner contact to collaborating on contracts with legal to liaising with content processing, publishing and merchandising teams.
- Build performance analysis and forecasting models to support acquisition terms and conditions, contract negotiation and success criteria for strategic content partners.
- Own the financial success of strategic content acquisition; continuously analyze collection and performance data related to strategic content partners to evaluate ROI and inform ongoing strategy.
What you’ll bring:
- Hands-on Approach; You should be sharp, love rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the team
- 5+ years of leadership experience managing business operations.
- Strong working familiarity with pricing, ad economics and business models.
- Experience working with sales and marketing teams.
- Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills including the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships.
- Outstanding leadership skills. Decisive, results-driven, with ability to align and inspire teams.
- Demonstrated experience in market analysis, competitive analysis and strategic thinking.
- Ability to work independently and change direction frequently.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross organizationally.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
We are one team collectively focused on creating an unrivaled experience for our Customers and Contributors. Our principles represent the mindset of the employee who will thrive at Shutterstock. If you are passionate about what you do, and want to become part of a cutting-edge technology company building industry leading products, please apply.
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 330 million images and more than 18 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company’s brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top