Director, A/B Testing & Optimization
Shutterstock is growing by leaps and bounds and our data is too. We are looking for an ambitious hand-on director of Experiments and Testing with a passion for project management, design, and optimization, in order to support and optimize our rapid business growth. Great candidates will be able to understand the big picture needs of a publicly traded international E-Commerce business and deliver information with speed, accuracy and clarity. You will be working with highly motivated and talented analysts, other data scientists and engineers to generate actionable insight and analytics to empower data-driven decisioning.
- Steward of testing process, responsible for gathering testing ideas and requirements, prioritizing tests to be conducted
- Project managing entire testing program across orgs including testing methodology and documentation, setup tests and QA, execute tests, conduct custom measurement analysis, deliver and communicate test result
- Ensure sound testing methodology, able to validate and recommend the most appropriate testing methodology
- Partner with business stakeholders to brainstorm testing ideas, develop testing hypothesis, set testing success metrics, identify the best test design
- Create, maintain, and ruthlessly prioritize the testing roadmap
- Continuously drive process improvement of ideation, conceptualization, implementation, testing, and analyses of features
- Able to perform A/B and multivariate testing using tools and platforms such as Optimizely
- Produce and ensure clear and succinct reporting of test results across all key stakeholders
- Inform, influence, and support business stakeholders through presentation of work and consultative approach
- Communicate analytics results and customer insights clearly and effectively
- Actively seek to share knowledge within the team and across business
- 4+ years of ecommerce or optimization product management experience
- Excellent analytical skills and highly proficient in A/B testing
- Strong analytical background with an excellent grasp of the challenges of web testing as well as strong data presentation skills
- Deep working experience with analytics and testing tools / platform such as Google Analytics, Optimizely etc.
- Sound knowledge of product and software development techniques and agile methodologies
- Team management experience
- MS/MA in Statistics, Math, Physics, Engineering, Machine Learning, Economics, or other technical field. Doctoral degree is preferred.
- Good understanding of statistical hypothesis testing methodology
- SQL, R, or Python skills
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
As a member of the Legal Team, Jayshree handles all of Shutterstock’s corporate legal work, from securities and exchange commission compliance to major company transactions.
Back to top