User experience and design is core to developing differentiated products that drive creative and business solutions for our customers and contributors. As a Director of User Experience, you will be an important leader at Shutterstock, guiding our department, while working alongside senior members of partnering teams. More specifically, you will be a strong and thoughtful ambassador of design, while also building a world-class design team with crisp processes and design practices.
- Be a powerful voice of UX and heavily influence design within the company – we want to learn from you
- Partner with Product, Engineering and Design Leadership to create and align a product strategy that supports our Consumer’s needs, and delivers on the value of the brand and business goals
- Leadership in building, managing and innovating our high-performance, highly-available and scalable design system
- Proactive in leading improvements in standards and processes to support a continuous improvement approach
- Establishment and measurement of customer facing metrics such as competitive analysis, product satisfaction, NPS, usability efficiency, and ease of use
- Manage, grow and mentor team of UX and visual designers
- Hands-on design: Develop concepts, wireframes, and prototypes
- 10+ years in a digital creative leadership position and a demonstrated ability to deliver products with elegant interaction and visual design.
- 5 + years of experience establishing, leading, and inspiring highly talented and productive user experience teams
- A natural ability to communicate and inspire all levels of your team.
- Proven track record of building consistent and award-winning user interfaces across multiple platforms.
- Strong front-end technical expertise with HTML and CSS. Ability to prototype in code a huge plus.
- Respectful when challenging assumptions and give and receive feedback with equal grace
- Estimate work, commit and deliver on deadlines and are vocal when risk arises.
- Enjoy working with a great group of designers, who genuinely care about design, and each other.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world.
Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, SanFrancisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Back to top