Data Warehouse Development Manager
Shutterstock is growing by leaps and bounds and our data is too. We are looking for an ambitious Data Warehouse Development Manager with a passion for big data, data modeling, perfect numbers, and insightful analysis. As the organization evolves so has its dependence on data - we are looking for a leader to expand the ways we get data into the hands of decision makers, analysts, and developers across our multiple businesses. Great candidates will be able to understand the big picture needs of a publicly traded international eCommerce business and deliver information with speed, accuracy, and clarity.
- Manage and guide a team of highly skilled data warehouse developers
- Identify opportunities in business processes, system capabilities and delivery methodologies for continuous improvement.
- Experience with architecture involved with manipulating massive data sets quickly and efficiently in both relational and Hadoop data stores both in and out of the cloud, AWS experience desired
- Advise executives, product owners, business owners and Agile teams on new products, user workflows, financial impacts and data development strategy
- Experience designing and developing ETL code to load and transform the source data from various formats
- Architecting, implementing, and automating systems to improve our internal processes
- Working with various Agile product teams across the organization to help understand their needs and address them via DW and reporting solutions
- Minimum 2 years experience managing a data focused team, collaborating with stakeholders, and multiple projects at a time
- Minimum 2 years experience with an ETL tool such as SSIS, SnapLogic, Pentaho, Talend, etc
- Minimum 3 years experience with SQL
- Minimum 2 years Experience with dimensional modeling
- Strong understanding of database relationships (3NF, star schemas etc.)
- Strong communication skills are a must because of the close work with several teams throughout the organization
- Experience working for an e-Commerce Web company
- Strong understanding of data access patterns and impacts on performance for relational and dimensional models
- Experience with Dashboard products (Tableau)
- Experience with AWS components, including Redshift
- Experience with streaming data technologies (Kafka, Kinesis)
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 100,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 80 million images and nearly 4 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and WebDAM, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
As a member of the Legal Team, Jayshree handles all of Shutterstock’s corporate legal work, from securities and exchange commission compliance to major company transactions.
Back to top