Shutterstock is looking for an experienced data scientist to join our world-class artificial intelligence team! The Artificial Intelligence team’s mission is to push the boundaries of AI algorithms in the areas of deep learning and machine learning to develop products and solutions. You will be working immense libraries of images, video, and music and AWS technologies to develop these AI products. Along the way you will be collaborating with an extremely talented and passionate team of researchers, data scientists and engineers from around the world working for Shutterstock.
- Supporting product development with innovative AI models using Deep Learning and Machine Learning algorithms
- Exploring immense data sets of information from images, videos, music, customer interactions, and marketing
- Analysis and use of data from across Shutterstock including 10+ years of behavioral data with state of the art techniques to provide a better experience for customers
- Working with engineers and data scientists to drive ideas from the rapid prototyping phase all the way through to serving and learning from live traffic at scale
- Depth of knowledge in algorithm development using Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- 2+ years of industry experience creating, deploying, and learning from production algorithm analysis
- Fluent in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Python (preferred), Java, or C++
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Using Jupyter to perform data analysis and algorithm development using Python
- Cloud computing experience using AWS with Docker, Kubernetes, Jupyter
- Computer Vision experience, natural language processing, recommendation systems, classification, pattern recognition
- Ph.D. in a related scientific field: Computer science, Physics, Math
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 350,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 180 million images and more than 9 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Shutterstock's Employees
VP, Content Operations
Paul is responsible for scaling Shutterstock's content strategy and distribution processes—helping contributors better monetize their creative brands and maximizing company revenue.
Back to top